Not being paid!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have had a look through, and cant seem to find an answer. plz corretn me if im wrong and there is a relevant thread.

My partner and I did some work delivering leaflets for a little extra cash. and we were assured we would be paid. we have an email stating me would be paid on 30th august. we have rung the company (mailbox nationwide) 4 times now and all they say is the cheque has been sent just wait a few more days. we need the money urgently and i feel like im getting nowhere. we signed a contract, but every time we ring its the same answer. does anyone know if theres anyone i can contact or anything i can do??

thanks

The first thing to do is not work for them until they pay you. Write to them telling them that you expect to be paid for the work done and in accordance with the contract but that until you have been paid you are going to do no more.

How much are we talking about?

its £250. i know it doesnt seem like much, but it is tous. we havent done anymore work for them since. we have emailed them several times asking for payment but never get a reply. every time we phone we get told the cheque has been sent. the last time they said give it a few more days, they were sent second class, which i found wierd coz even secondclass shouldnt take over a week.

The point is what do you want to do and to what extent will you go to get your £250? This is a small claim so you could take action in the county court but you would need to pay the CC fees, which may be a problem to you. Have a look on the site as to what you need to do to start a smal claim. Before you actually start a claim you should write to them outlining all your attempts to obtain your wages and failure to pay you these within X days will result in you starting proceedings in the county court.

I don't suppose you have legal protection insurance?