Warer Board problem please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All! I wonder if anybody could advise me how i stand on this problem please!

They resurfaced our road a few weeks back with the big heavy machinery like they use on motorways, conseqently they burst alot of the water pipes in the road about five in total, mine was about the worse the water was just gushing out and only a partial supply getting to the house, the waterboard put new plastic pipe in outside the house the next day, and when we turned on the water aload of dirt and sludge came out the main tap in the kitchen, and the other supplies would not work at all because they were blocked.

I rang the waterboard and they said they would arrange for a plumber to call, but next day said they would not and i had to arrange myself and pay the bill, i was not happy because it was their very old pipes that had broken, they must have been near on 100 years old the workman showed me them.

Still i had called a plumber at it cost over 600 pounds to unblock and get working, the WB said they would look at the plumbers report and let me know, they wrote back saying it was not our fault and my pipes were to blame and offered me 100 pounds only as a good will gesture.

The contractors who did the road blame the WB because their pipes were so old, and also the council agree they were very old pipes.

Anybody know if it would be possible for me to take the matter further say the small claims court and how i would fair, or has a similar type of situation occured to anybody else.

Thanks for Any Help! :)

Edited by sootywooty