Advice Please

calamity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Having followed the first part of the process carefully, I am now preparing to submit my claim against Lloyds. I have completed the moneyclaim online form and am ready to submit, however I have realised that with the amount of time that has passed since my first letter to Lloyds, my charges now date back more than six years (the first one I have included in the claim was 19/06/00). Do I need to amend my schedule and interest calculation?

I have read the FAQ and I can't see an answer to my question, but am aware that it is risky to try to claim back more than six years so wanted to check before submitting the claim.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Katy

Hi, I really wouldn't worry about going slightly over the six years, because when you first asked for the money back, you were with-in six years, and it is the banks response time that has taken you over. As regards the interest, Im not sure so I wouldn't like to advise. Im sure someone can help you there. Best of luck!

I really don't think you need to worry as Andy said it's their response time that puts you over. I wouldn't ammend the Interest though as it's tricky enough as it is. Don't forget though that when you issue your claim the 8% interest is claimed at this stage so that will be worked out to the day for you. Just follow the steps on the advanced spreadsheet

Good Luck

Donna:)

Subject Access sent - 28/06/068)

Prelim Sent - 22/07/06:roll:

Standard Bog Off received - 03/08/2006:mad:

LBA sent - 07/08/06

Expiry of LBA - 21st Aug No reply as of yet so

Moneyclaim issued - 01/09/2006:lol: ( I even gave them an extra 10 days before issuing claim! ) THE SWINES!

Notice of issue received 11/09/2006

Acknowledgement of service received 13/09/06

28 DAYS & COUNTING!

Total Claim - £3,966.04 inc Interest

Lloyds Platinum Visa Subject access sent 11/06/2006

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping"

"We didn't actually overspend our budget. The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure."

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Hi, thanks for your replies....

Donna, I have used the simple speadsheet as I am not claiming overdraft interest. Just wanted to check this is ok?

Also, I am going away on holiday later today and won't be back until the 13th, if I submit my claim today will I need to do anything before then? Should I wait and submit it when I am back?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to get it wrong and ruin any chance I may have of success!

Katy

Hi, thanks for your replies....

Donna, I have used the simple speadsheet as I am not claiming overdraft interest. Just wanted to check this is ok?

Also, I am going away on holiday later today and won't be back until the 13th, if I submit my claim today will I need to do anything before then? Should I wait and submit it when I am back?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to get it wrong and ruin any chance I may have of success!

Katy

Yes like brecken said, Lloyds will take their time over this so don't worry about it, go and holiday and forget about the whole thing till you get back!

Don't worry about asking questions, thats what the forum is here for :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Sorry for late reply, weekend carnage with my six year old has started!!

Good luck with it and enjoy your hols, after reading other threads lloyds seem to use everyway out before admitting defeat. I've had someone on the phone this morning to chat to me about my complaint!! I advised them that if they want to talk to me then they can write to me, the cheeky things even want me to fill in a customer service survey!! Ummmm I don't think so!

I wish I had a hol to take my mind off this! You lucky thing!!

Spk to you soon, keep us posted

Donna x

Subject Access sent - 28/06/068)

Prelim Sent - 22/07/06:roll:

Standard Bog Off received - 03/08/2006:mad:

LBA sent - 07/08/06

Expiry of LBA - 21st Aug No reply as of yet so

Moneyclaim issued - 01/09/2006:lol: ( I even gave them an extra 10 days before issuing claim! ) THE SWINES!

Notice of issue received 11/09/2006

Acknowledgement of service received 13/09/06

28 DAYS & COUNTING!

Total Claim - £3,966.04 inc Interest

Lloyds Platinum Visa Subject access sent 11/06/2006

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping"

"We didn't actually overspend our budget. The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure."

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."