style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I have £300 court fines to pay and I was sent a letter from the Philips saying it has been referred to them. Thisthen increased to £364. I sent out a cheque on friday and yesterday a bailiff came and gave a letter by hand to my moms house( I have moved out). The new letter said I owed them £564 for costs of bailiffs coming out. I told Philips that I cannot afford that and that a cheque has already been sent out. She said cancel it with your bank and pay the new amount. I told her my address was also wrong as I don't live there and she said give me the new one. I refused to give it to her and pay the new amount and she said she has put out a police tracker on me and hung up.

What can I do now? They are charging me £200 extra for a guy to come to my house and post a letter, that is ridiculous. What can I do, and if nothing can be done can I request monthly payments that suit me? Thanks.

I have cancelled the cheque and it was not recorded. Can I not pay the original amount owed to the court to Philips and dispute the rest as they will have to forward the courts costs?

The letter from Philips should have warned you that if payment was not made within a certain time that the debt increases by £200. You should have paid by debit card and NOT by cheque.

You say that the address was wrong. Did you receive the original summons? If not, then you can make a Statutory Declaration and this will cancel the fine and a new summons would be issued to you.

Yes, the HMCS Contract with Philips does permit them to accept repayment over a maximum period of 6 months. HOWEVER, this will be from the date of the warrant so you will need to know when the Distress Warrant had been sent to them.

PS: The "one off" visit fee of £200 has been agreed with HMCS.