style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I have £300 court fines to pay and I was sent a letter from the Philips saying it has been referred to them. Thisthen increased to £364. I sent out a cheque on friday and yesterday a bailiff came and gave a letter by hand to my moms house( I have moved out). The new letter said I owed them £564 for costs of bailiffs coming out. I told Philips that I cannot afford that and that a cheque has already been sent out. She said cancel it with your bank and pay the new amount. I told her my address was also wrong as I don't live there and she said give me the new one. I refused to give it to her and pay the new amount and she said she has put out a police tracker on me and hung up.

What can I do now? They are charging me £200 extra for a guy to come to my house and post a letter, that is ridiculous. What can I do, and if nothing can be done can I request monthly payments that suit me? Thanks.

As they say, cancel the cheque to them, and pay direct to the Court the original amount.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

did you send the cheque recorded delivery

as i understand it (not 100% sure) once the fine has been passed to the bailiffs the magistrate court wont accept payment

Moved to Bailiffs Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I have cancelled the cheque and it was not recorded. Can I not pay the original amount owed to the court to Philips and dispute the rest as they will have to forward the courts costs?

The letter from Philips should have warned you that if payment was not made within a certain time that the debt increases by £200. You should have paid by debit card and NOT by cheque.

You say that the address was wrong. Did you receive the original summons? If not, then you can make a Statutory Declaration and this will cancel the fine and a new summons would be issued to you.

Yes, the HMCS Contract with Philips does permit them to accept repayment over a maximum period of 6 months. HOWEVER, this will be from the date of the warrant so you will need to know when the Distress Warrant had been sent to them.

PS: The "one off" visit fee of £200 has been agreed with HMCS.