MrsR's Mum v HSBC

MrsR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After weeks of telling my mum about this site etc, she's finally decided to do something about her charges - spurred on by the fact HSBC are closing her local branch and the next nearest branch to her and have decided to open a "merged" branch in the middle of a business park/industrial estate :lol:

Anyway, as she's a bit of a technophobe, I said I sort out the letters and stuff for her - hence I'm starting a thread for her!

She dug out her bank statements (she thought she had them all) but some where missing, so we did a DPA/SAR letter and she took it into her branch yesterday along with £10 fee (which I made sure she got a receipt for).

After reading other threads where people have said they get a truck load of paper and suddenly become unpopular with their postie, it's a good job she lives in a rural location as her postie has a van :-)

Will keep you posted and she has said she'll be making a donation when she gets her money back!

MrsR

Us & Halifax

07.07.06 - Prelim ltr sent claiming £2364; 10.07.06 - Acknowledgement; 15.07.06 - Offer of £310 (don't think so!); 21.07.06 - LBA sent claiming £2481; 12.08.06 - Increased offer of £926 (still don't think so!); 31.08.06 - Lodged Claim at local court £2598 + interest + costs; 07.09.06 - Notice of Issue deemed served 09.09.06;

Husband & Halifax Visa

20.07.06 - Prelim ltr sent claiming £650; 11.08.06 - Reply refusing to refund any charges; 15.08.06 - LBA sent; 26.08.06 - Reply saying dealing with complaint!; 31.08.06 - Lodged Claim at local court £650 + interest + costs; 06.09.06 - Offer of £250 (bit late!); 07.09.06 - Notice of Issue deemed served 09.09.06;

Mum & HSBC

31.08.06 - Data Protection Act letter hand delivered to branch;

Amex & GE Capital - we're gonna getcha :D