style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am very keen to hear from anyone who has had problems with Equita and their council tax is with SODC or Vale of White Horse. Particular interested in fees charged.

What fees in particular are you looking at?

Am looking for another example of someone being overcharged fee's or being charged for a visit that may not have taken place to show mine is not an isolated case.

Yours is NOT an isolated case.

It is not only this company who have been accused of "phantom visits". Can you give further details?

I have a formal complaint going on and it seems the council are actualy taking it seriously. Looking really to prove 110% whats going on and hopefully get somthing done about this longer term. Ideally looking for a couple of similar cases to put a case together for the council to take this further

Hi i am in middle of claiming a charge back against equita for there high fee's and fraud against me as they charge me £2.00 for using my debit card an i have found a law that states they are not allowed to do this something to do with the fraud act 2006 can not remember the rest

I currently have a very dragged-out case with Equita in regards to council tax for 2005/2006 with Swindon Borough Council. Without levying on any goods or gaining entry, they've charged me £228.50 in bailiff charges and I've recently sent a letter off asking for a breakdown of this.

I can provide more details if you want, I have a whole thread full! lol

My thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/256547-equita-experience.html

I regularly update it, and unfortunately due to a nasty arguement between Swindon Borough Council and Equita over responsibility of a debt it's been stretched a bit.

Most recent update is awaiting reply from Equita, and I've made a formal complaint against Swindon Borough Council. I've dealt with 3 different bailiffs

- Bailiff 1 refused conversation and in the end I had to get the Council to convince him to extend the deadline.

- Bailiff 2 was quite polite and apologetic when a mistake was made, and promised to chase things up and callback but never did.

- Bailiff 3 was a very rude woman who didn't believe a word I said, and refused to talk about the case to me, just kept demanding payment.

Must've made 20 calls so far to Swindon Borough Council, and at least a dozen to Equita. I'm half tempted to scan my phonebill on here (deleting obvious personal info) and show just how many calls were made, and the cost had gone up a whole £14 quid. I HATE how you can only speak to Equita through a bloody mobile number!

I've tried all 0844 and 0845 numbers I can find for them (even a few landline numbers) and they all take you to an automated message asking for your bailiff PIN, then give you the assigned bailiff's name and number. The only time you get through to an office is when you don't have one assigned :(