All Welsh Cases - General Stay Pending Test Case In London

purp72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post - I have searched the other threads for "stay" but can't find anything relevant so I apologise if I've missed something!

I have already brought a Moneyclaim case against Abbey National and have filed my allocation questionnaire (on 12 July). On 9 August, the District Judge stayed the proceedings generally pending a further order.

I phoned the County Court today and was told by the clerk something which may interest other Welsh claimants. Apparently, all bank charges small claims (ie not just Abbey National) from Wales are being directed to the Cardiff County Court and are all being stayed by the district judge until a "test-case" is heard in the High Court in London. Does this tally with the experience of other Welsh claimants in the same position? Does anyone know anything about the "test-case"? I did ask but the clerk could only give me the telephone number of the court in London where it's being dealt with.

Thanks

Purp72

• Confused 1

Hmm

test case in lonodn it would be good to know what this is did they give you any details of dates etc?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

MODS - could you please merge this thread with http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18903-stays-still-being-ordered-2.html

Thanks Elsinore and Closey for your advice. I've already looked at Bankfodder's model application for removal of stay - but presumably as the Welsh "test case" is against Barclays Bank, I would need information about Barclays Bank settled cases annexed to it. Where do I get this information? Can I extract it from the "Litigation settled" thread?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Purp72

• 11 months later...
Guest baznew1

Hi All

we are returning to UK (Wales) soon

I did start SAR early this year April but didnt file anything.

When we get back I will start the process, Has anyone got any advise as regards doing this.

I'm figuring I should do so just to get registered with the court process etc.

Yhanks

have had my case transferred to cardiff and then stayed by the court.

immediately used bankfodders application to lift stay.

have just had my £35 fee returned by the court because it was the courts decision to order the stay there is no need for a fee. it has now been passed to the district judge.

so pile the pressure on and everybody ask for the stay to be lifted. at least we know its not going to cost any more cash!

• 3 weeks later...

That's good news for folks in Wales - and encouraging to us others, as well!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

not such good news, if you take a look at the subscribed.gifCardiff directions hearings *POST HERE* thread, we may have had the fee waivered but seems like all our objections to the stay are now receiving the following order -

General form of Judgement or Order Before District Judge Hendicott sitting at Cardiff County Court etc..etc..

Upon reading the Claimants submissions to the proposed order of stay it is ordered that the submissions be treated as an applicaiton to remove the stay in the order of 07 August 2007

The application be refused.

As this has been refused without a hearing either party may apply for the applicant to be reconsidered at an oral hearing. Any such applicaiton shall be on notice and is reserved to HHJ Hickinbottom or DJ Hendicott unless expressly released by either

Also why did cases in Wales all get moved to Cardiff (well before the "test case") to then all be given a blanket stay.... were these two judges more in the know than anyone else ? In my case, I waited over 5 months to get a date for a directions hearing only for it to be stayed whilst other cases were being heard in England.. strange and sinister I think