SOGA how much is the chance to win a court case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, but what I want to see is the original diagostic report which the original owner had and which he gave to the trader - and evidence that the trader did receive it

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got it with the papers of the car, I am not at hom now, is there a way to add an attachment like in word, because I have the file at home, or pm me an email address so I can sent it.

New thread now please. Link to it from here

Aradam, I am back now and am quite frankly gob smacked by the judge's decission. Clearly he/she did not look at the ebay evidence which suggests that the dealer would have sold the car to you with known defects. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could ask for the judge's 'facts and reasons' in comming to his/her decission. Obviously it would of been a lot more help if the previous owner would have given you a signed statement and i'm not sure what his reason is for not doing so.

At the end of the day, (according to the ebay listing and the previous owner's info) the dealer has knowingly sold you a car with defects and as such should have lost the case and you should of won, it's as simple as that. Were you allowed to present you case at all? Were you given the opportunity to ask questions? If no, then you may have grounds to appeal the way the case was handled. I would certainly not give up now but as BF has suggested, contact the previous owner and ask agian for a statement by offering 'expences'. I'm sure that Conniff will have something to say about this as well.

TO Bankfodder; With the greatest respect, this problem has been 'discussed' on this thread since July last year and it is a pity that you havn't come in earlier with your good input. It has certianly been a complicated matter which was made worse by arranging the 'inspection report' which the OP has paid half towards. Obviously the ebay evidence and the previous owner's info was not known about at the original hearing as it appears the judge then was a bit more compitent than the one who has now dismissed the claim. In any event, it now appears that the claim was valid as the car was sold with known defects and as such, the ruling is incorrect. Can I suggest that you do read the very begginings of the thread and perhaps briefly the latter parts in which you may get a bigger picture of the basis of the claim. You will also note the dealers total lack of interest towards the problem untill the OP made the court application. I am sure that you will agree that the OP should not leave matters as they are.

It would not be possible to sue on known defeccts because defects which have been discloosed at the time of sale would have to be taken to have been agreed as part of the contract.

This matter is now being continued on a new thread and from a slightly different tack.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302447-Victim-of-a-dodgy-dealer-and-wacked-on-the-head-by-the-legal-system

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks