Default from 2003

Notty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a default on all 3 CRA' s from GE captial bank (Debs). The account shows as settled but I would like to try and remove the default. I have recently sent them a Data Subject Notice to try and get statements from them for at least 2000-2003. I was going to try and get the default removed as part of the charges (re my other 2 defaults). The difference is the other 2 defaults are made up of mostly unlawful charges so I think I will have a good chance of getting the default removed.

GE capital will be different from the other two with regard to unlawful charges and I am wondering if it would be okay to send them your letter template requesting a copy of the original default notice and agreement. Taking into account I have already sent them the above notice for the statements?

Thanks for your reply. I am going to use the method suggested but I want to know if it is okay to send that when I have only just sent the DPA letter for the statements? I dont really want to wait the 40 days for the statements when it is the default that I need getting rid of. I know I could probably use the default issue as part of any claim but it will all take such a long time going that route and that is why I have decided to use Surlybonds template but not sure if I can because have sent the DPA letter for statements. I would really like to know if someone could tell me as I am off on holiday tomorrow and want to post it before I go. Can anyone help please.

I don’t see why not both are separate issues; know matter how the default got put on the Data Protection Act request is for a copy of your info not for them to stop sending it out to every Tom, Dick and Harry