Looking forward to this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive just hand delivered my DPA disclosure request, now i just have to sit back and wait for the reply, i am looking forward to sending out the actual amount request as the Halifax have bled me dry for years with charges, and thats not funny when your a single mum and every penny counts.

While i was in the Halifax handing this request in another candiadate behind me also handed one in, seems the site here is doing a great job for the people.

If only we had realised sooner, i wonder just how many holidays i could have afforded, in past yrs had i not had this money taken from me by the Bank.

Debbie

Good Luck! Hope you get a few holidays out of the money they owe you.

Halifax: £478 (+ interest & cost) reimbursed

Halifax Visa: £370 - 1/2 back so far

Bank of Scotland: £802 (+ interest & costs) court ordered to pay (BoS failed to respond)

Soon, there'll be a special counter with a sign: "anyone wanting to reclaim their charges, pls queue here in orderly fashion, pls!" :D

LOL

Your right bookworm, but they will want to charge us rent for occupying their premises. The queue will be so long they will need to open dedicated counters, with dedicated staff, dedicated computer systems and no doubt several different layers of dedicated manual intervention. They will of course refer to all of this a service and therefore justify levying a charge of £50 per investigated charge, but will offer to refund without threatening any legal action.

Meeee tooo!!

I can’t wait! I got my full list of charges it amounts to almost £3000. for the last five years. They have been bleeding me dry and I have just not been allowed to get back on my feet because of these horrific charges.

I will take it to the streets because I have nothing left to loose!!

I wish you all the luck in the world!!! Time for the big boys to blood let at last!

J x

Hi little J

I hope you manage to get your money back too, it is a great shame what the banks have done to everyone over the years, but i am glad to be part of all this. It just goes to show though that no matter what you apply for etc as a consummer you always find you have been robbed in one way or another.

Once i have sorted all my stuff out here in this country, i plan on up rooting to a sunnier climate, because i have also found out the goverment will fund you with children if your children go to a local school in that country, as long as it is within the EU. Why is it they keep all this kind of information from you.

When i took my letter to the Halifax requesting the DPA the girl i dealt with was smiling and said good luck. But prior to that i had been in 2 weeks previous to hear the usual old crock of sh*t that they will drop one charge out of 6 as a gesture of goodwill. Had i not found this site through a good friend, i would still be falling for the same old line, gesture of goodwill and freely giving them money for 5 other charges that i can ill afford.

How foolish we all are untill some decent citizen who knows the system, provides us with proper information and the help, to achive our rights.

I intend to go all the way with my claim, and as i am on Benefits i do not have to pay the court fee to take them to court either. At least there is some justice if only a small one.

Once i have sorted all my stuff out here in this country, i plan on up rooting to a sunnier climate, because i have also found out the goverment will fund you with children if your children go to a local school in that country, as long as it is within the EU. Why is it they keep all this kind of information from you.

oooh Tell me more! I have been seriously contemplating this for quite a while now. Thanks

Well what do you know.........ive just recieved, another Charge of £30 today whoopie......don't they just love borrowing from me, dispite my DPA letter to them, will reply in writing to them rather than the online page Any suggestions on what i should quote in my letter....?

Debbie

Well what do you know.........ive just recieved, another Charge of £30 today whoopie......don't they just love borrowing from me, dispite my DPA letter to them, will reply in writing to them rather than the online page Any suggestions on what i should quote in my letter....?

Debbie

It must be the day for Halifax to add their charges onto accounts I got one as well £39!

17th May 2006 - Letter from the Hellifex offering full refund of charges to date - £330.57 :D :D :D

Debbie

Please read the FAQs - all you need is there(and more)

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 3 weeks later...

Well today i thought i had been mass mailed by someone, all my statements for the last 6 yrs ploped through the letter box. I set to work right away, high lighting all my charges, total came to £2,122.97p to this i need to add £90 from last week and £116 which i am gonna be hit with friday this week. It will more than clear my overdraft. It would have been a lot more but i gained a big amount of money from a property sale in this 6 yr period. Prior to that i was getting them all the time. Would love to go back 18 yrs.

I am sending off my second letter tomorrow, giving them 14 days to return my money to me, while i was in town today i picked up a claim form from the court as i have no intention of pussy footing around with offers they see fit to give. Im going straight for the juggular.:rolleyes: Have to say when i paid the £5 last monday for the statements i expected them to take longer than 8 days, but they have set up a special department now to deal with the DPA's haha....NOW thats what i call MONEY WELL SPENT.!!!

Hi

Having read the FAQ's i see asking for more than 6 yrs worth of charges has not been tested, i am sure i have paid huge sums over 18 yrs, to the bank.

Should i be the one to test and try the theroy, what do you guys think...?

• Confused 1

Hi,

You can certainly have a go at this. The first thing to do is check that you have 18 years worth of statements. If you do - great, you may be able to use the OFT statement of 5th April to leverage your claim.

However, if you don't have the statements, you will most likely find that the bank will use the 6 year statute of limitations to prevent disclosing this info to you - or more likely, as has happened to others including me, they will claim all information over 6 years old has been disposed of.

But certainly ask - you never know, you might just get lucky...so...good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here goes, went into Halifax.....case of having too, as had been short changed at cash point but full amount had been taken out of my account.

I got £70 instead of £80. Gez if that wasn't bad enough, they have made the start date of my account years later so instead of banking with them for 19 yrs, they say its only 10, unless i have something lying around somewhere i wont be able to prove this. But she says grinning, i had a motgage with them, and the account ran along beside that ha ha so all i need to do now is trace that, somehow, as i did internal transfers, that account is now paid off, but i have some thing on it somewhere, and its is in the last 6 yrs that i paid up in full, As i am planning to move again i have got rid of various papers, but i am sure i can find something somewhere and out wit them.

SO far i have had my letters dealt with very quickly, and good response, Now the fun seems to be starting, sent Periminary letter off on 20th April, got a reply today ::::wait till you read this, It said thankyou for your letter, dated 20th April, requesting information for the last 6 yrs of your account, We can provide this for a small charge of £5 haha.!!!

Gez Can they not read a request for repayment of £2,601.68 in charges which they have taken from me....I think they are hoping i will give up and go away.

SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? wait till friday and fire out the last letter with the intent of proceedings should they not pay up in the next 14 days, or do i point out their mal administration first.

All my letters to them have been from the templates.

What you should and must do, is stop opening a new thread every time you have a query. Please post on the one thread and stick to it. Then maybe people will be able to follow your story and answer without spending 15 mns trying to find all your threads.

:mad: THREADS MERGED

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks for all the encouragement & support through this, I am on my 12th day of LBA being hand delivered, posted and recorded so no worries about them recieving the LBA. 14 Days are up Saturday.

So Monday its off to the court to hand in my court papers. In the last twelve days ive heard nothing from the Halifax, in a way im glad because i don't have to read a petty offer letter from them and get more annoyed.

Since starting this i am in the process of having one ccj removed, via Capital One bank credit card. I applied myself. I used the futher information that i was unaware of at the time,

I have also sent out other DPA's which i will list on here over the weekend, so you can see how far i get with them all.

Those included will be Egg, MBNA, Citi Financial, Benificial, (yeah right).!! and first direct. Capital one.

Dread to think of the grand total.

All the best. :D

Let us all know how you get on.

Nemo me impune lacessit!

The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure.

As long as one person lives in darkness, then it seems to be a responsibility to tell other people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, court papers have been filed at the court just waiting to hear now, in the mean time after the 14 days of the LBA This Sat i got an offer from Halifax for £285 as a gesture of goodwill..... Well whilst that is nice i think they should have added another 0 to be anywhere near my amount owed to me by them.

So will say ok but not as full and final settlement. as i intend to uphold the claim i have since filed, do you think this sounds ok....?

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks for all the encouragement & support through this, I am on my 12th day of LBA being hand delivered, posted and recorded so no worries about them recieving the LBA. 14 Days are up Saturday.

So Monday its off to the court to hand in my court papers. In the last twelve days ive heard nothing from the Halifax, in a way im glad because i don't have to read a petty offer letter from them and get more annoyed.

Since starting this i am in the process of having one ccj removed, via Capital One bank credit card. I applied myself. I used the futher information that i was unaware of at the time,

I have also sent out other DPA's which i will list on here over the weekend, so you can see how far i get with them all.

Those included will be Egg, MBNA, Citi Financial, Benificial, (yeah right).!! and first direct. Capital one.

Dread to think of the grand total.

Blastthebank...can I ask if the CCJ you received or the debt was eventually paid in full? and the debt relating to it was it made up of a significant amount of charges? eg did you get the CCJ reversed as the charges only compounded the debt?

I have a similar account and wondered how you got it to the point of having it removed. see my post here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8777

Thanks inadvance,

Chris

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks