Right To Cancel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently moved home and transfered my internet services (broadband and phone) to my new address.

I then received a "welcome pack" which clearly states the my new phone number would be ex-directory and that on the 26th May, my services would go live.

Since the 26th, I have received several phone calls advising me that I have won holidays etc and wondered how these organisations had obtained my number.

I went on BT.com and sure enough, my number is listed in the directory.

I contacted my service provider requesting a new number and that it be made ex directory and they replied saying that there would be a charge if I wanted to change my number, however they had arranged to make my current number ex d.

Have I the right to cancel my agreement with them, as I consider that they have not adequately provided the service I originally requested.

Search for their "Code of practice" and follow their complaints procedure in there. They will have an address to write to, use that to send a letter requesting the outcome that you want... I'm also gonna request this thread gets moved to the Telecoms forum :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If this was a completely new order today would be the last day you could cancel under the "distance selling regulations"... as you have just moved your services they would probably not accept this. Who is it by the way?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm a member of talktalk. Customer service over the phone is a joke! Try the support website...

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php

it's a v.bulletin forum (the same as this) and was originally just members of talktalk, but now there is some talktalk staff on their who do generally sort things out and treat people fairly!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

There are several versions of being 'Ex Directory' - you have to make sure you choose the correct one.

Ex Directory in its simplest sense means it does not appear in the PRINTED directory. It will however be available on the OSIS database, which controls the distribution of numbers to the database (note the difference 'database' not directory).

'Calls Offered' is a situation where your number is held on an Ex Direcrtory database. It is not seen in the printed or online directories, BUT, by giving the name and address, callers will be connected to the recipient, without the number being disclosed. The recipient can also decline to have the call connected.

For the number to be totally unlisted, you need to have the number set as NQR ('No quoted reference'). This means it appears nowhere, nor can calls be offered.

It would appear by asking for the number to be 'Ex Directory' it has indeed been made that, and will not appear in the paper directory.