DCA wants personal details..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'd go with jasper...i was/am just thinking out loud on an alternative to my post 7

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i suggest that you don't answer any of the questions on their letter, they have no need and no right to know information like your mothers maiden name, employment history etc. etc.

I would simply write back to them and state that you are unwilling to provide any of this information, other than to reiterate that the signature upon the agreement is not yours.

Since they have effectively admitted that the alleged debt cannot be positively identified as yours or not without the need for this further highly personal information, I would insist that any adverse information regarding this account be immediately removed from all the CRA's.

Copy the letter to the ICO with a prominent reminder that the European directive in these matters places the burden of proof upon the person running the account NOT the alleged debtor, something the ICo are all too happy to overlook to protect the rather one sided status quo of the UK financial industry.

Thanks Jasper. I will do that I think.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys.

Just done a routine check on my credit file and notice that Equidebt have searched my credit file!!!!!

My partner has a debt dating back about 5 years that they have been chasing as you will see from the post but it has all gone very quiet and not heard anythign for 4 months or so.

The search is showing under the section 'searches made my individuals you may be financially connected to when an application for credit has been made'.

So they have obviously checked my OH's credit file, and seen that we are finacially connected and decided to do a little search on me!!!!

I understand that may happen when an application for credit is made but in this instance - firstly, I'm sure that shouldn't be checking his file without his permission and secondly what bloomin right have they got to look at mine??????

What can I do about this and who can I complain to as I am livid!!

Edited by klg1980