Can a 2nd Default Notice be Issued?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me.

Credit card default notice issued which requested arrears - not full balance, but DN is invalid owing to failure to provide no less than 14 days to remedy.

I have now received Court Summons. I am going to send them a letter telling them to sod off owing to the invalid DN, unlawful rescission.

But.....If the default notice is invalid, can it be stated that the agreement is actually terminated? ie can they not just issue a correct DN?

Any help much appreciated, short timescale on this for me.

I would write to them asap, pointing out the termination on the back of a faulty DN, and accepting their unlawful rescission.

You should also state you reserve the right to counterclaim for damages for the rescission if the court claim is not withdrawn.

As Cerbs says, make sure you acknowledge the claim form, and state you intend to defend, because I doubt somehow they will accept your kind offer.

Send everything recorded delivery.

Brilliant thanks.

I will accept their unlawful rescission, this would not prejudice my defence as I am going to defend on an unenforceable agreement?

Also, is there any other case law where the invalid DN has sunk the action apart from Woodchester?