URGENT HELP - CCJ and Set-aside if i didnt live at address?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was issued with a CCJ in October 2009, but have only just found out about, and what its for.

Its for Tuition Fees from Uni.

The solicitor sent the judgement to an address that was my term time address, however, by that point i was no longer in the property, thus never got no summons, judgement or anything else for that matter.

The solicitor had my home address, where my parents live, and where I have always been contactable, however, they chose not to use this. This address is what i define as home, use for most contacts, the address DVLA have as they have your home address if your a student, and the address on the electoral roll.

The only way they could have got my term address was via a linked address, as i must have had a credit check done, but, I have 4 other linked addresses on my credit file.

I had a door person come out a week ago to see if i am living at my present term time address, which i am, which is different too the address the judgement was sent too.

If they have done that post hearing, why couldnt they have sent a door person prior to judgement to see if i actually lived in the property?

To me it seems that they have deliberatly chosen an address i was not at, and did nothing to confirm i actually was still living there, as if they did, they would have found i wasnt.

So, now what do i do? Do i have any defence for a set-aside? i wasnt given any chance to defend myself, nor pay in 28 days, or even know about it.

Thanks for any help, its really urgent i sort this before they send in the heavy guys and wreck my life further.

I also want to add, that because of them, i now cant persue either of my jobs choices when i graduate this year, as one needs finance for extra training, which is a no no with a ccj, and the other remove employees if they have a CCJ, so they'll not even interview me as they do background finance checks.

Edited by MasterMess

Thanks for that, read throught it all, but now i am lost what to do...

I dont want to cost my self too much more money, so i am wondering, if i send the 244 form, whats the worse cost than i am going to get?

Is it a case of yes or no to the form? and if its yes, does it then go to a hearing?

I agree to 95% of the debt, is 5% enough to build a defence combined with the fact they got the wrong address?

thanks

• 3 months later...