Used car issues.....again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this is my 2nd used car ive now bought in the past few years with issues, i lived with the issues on my last car but am determined not to live with them on this one.

I bought the car on march 16th and since then have had issues with it, its had problems with the rear brake caliper sticking and handbreak not holding which they fixed, the passenger seat broke which the garage fixed but since ive had the car its randomly stalling, its only happend 5 times since ive had the car, the first twice was put down to the brake caliper sticking on as i was going slow but since then it has cut out twice on the bypass and once going down a hill at 30mph and when it cuts out it looses the power stearing and power brakes, the garage have sent it in to have the fault codes read but nothing was discovered untoward but car has stalled again since this happened, ive spoke to the garage and they have advised theres nothing they can do as they cannot find a fault with the car. What are my rights in this situation and where do i go next as the fault is intermittent and i cannot find a way to force it to happen to show them the fault as there are no certain conditions as to when it stalls?