If you realy want to fight add this to your claim

Guest stephen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest stephen

I am also seeking a declaration as to the Legality or otherwise of charges applied to my account for going overdrawn bouncing a Direct Debit. or a cheque bouncing.

I seek a declaration to confirm whether these charges represent a Penalty or further or in the alternative, whether Such Charges are unfair contract terms.

"Please only use this if you are really want to fight the banks and are not only interested in getting your money back. If you unsure Don’t use it."

I'm not that interested in if I get my money back it's only £253 that I never had anyway just don't think I personally could argue you my case enough in court.I file my claim on Tuesday so ...............

Sorry I should of added that yes it's a lot of money for me but I can see how much the banks are destroying some peoples lives with these charges so if I can stop this it's worth a lot more to me then £253

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guest stephen

Well can you hold off from filing for a week because if i get six more people like you who have accounts at different banks then we can end this.

That is fine by me ... I will hold off until you tell me other wise..

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

but I can see how much the banks are destroying some peoples lives with these charges so if I can stop this it's worth a lot more to me then £253

I agree - this is about more than money. I really want to see justice served in a moral, social, legal and financial way - if I get my money back, well, that's a bonus. My bank has treated me with contempt for 24 years...it has to stop.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My current claim against Lloyds TSB will wrap up in1/2 weeks. Next is LlyodsTSB Visacard. Only £120 which would come in handy, but in the general interest I'm happy to join this.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Count me in. As was said earlier, it's not about the money (we never had it in the first place), it's about the injustice of it all.

What really gets under my skin is the unfair charges, administration fees, late payment charges etc. by ALL companies, not just banks. Whenever these put you overdrawn or behind with payments, these play havoc with your credit rating and cost you more in higher loan interest rates etc. So the unfair actions of one bank or company may affect your credit rating and cost you more with other companies. That's all wrong.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

by ALL companies, not just banks

I believe that once there is critical mass, the issue of 'penalties' will be considered across the board by the relevant authorities. What they will decide to do about it is anyone's guess, but considering they are 'consumer protective' (the authorities) I don't see how they will be allowed to cave in to big business.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Could asking for declaration potentially put claimants at risk of the defendents legal costs?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I think that Stephen is looking into ways of circumnavigating this by some method.

I don't think there are ways to avoid it - it's at the judges discretion, is it not?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Sorry - costs are costs. I think the method would be some form of insurance against costs...and whilst you are here...I tried to reply to your PM - your inbox is full...

After very careful thought and consideration to this issue I now feel I am unable to join you Stephen .My first thought has to be my children’s security. I feel even a slight risk to that would be stupid and irresponsible .There are other users who would be in a position to join you with nothing to lose and I hope that they do come forward and join you in this. I have heard some absolutely heartbreaking stories from some users and it was really for those people who took the time and trouble to email me I wanted to do it. To them users especially I feel the need to say sorry but I hope you understand .

Good luck to all who go for it .

doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks