makenzie hall, cabot debt advice pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thought you might like an update, I've followed all the advice given but yet again they have written stating they are still investigating, it's a bit ridiculous now. We are tempted to just ignore it. We do have a crime reference number though so maybe we should send them that? The police suggested the info should be passed to me about the debt but to me this an irrelevance as 1. It's statute barred 2. The issue is them contacting my pensioner parents. I can't help the fact that they only have records of a home that I haven't lived in for 6 years.

OK Then send the following letter.

Addressed as before>

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to a letter dated xx xx xxx in which it is stated this matter is still being investigated, given the time already elapsed I insist that the matter is now closed.

I formally state: 1. That the alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and No Payment Will Be Made.

2. ALL communications to my parents address WILL NOW CEASE, NO TELPHONE CONTACT IS TO BE MADE.

3. A Crime number has be entered by xxxxx Police and is matter of record.

4. I do NOT acknowledge any liability for the alleged debt.

5. The address being stated is on that I have not resided at for six (6) years.

6. Any further contact from xxxxx or any agents or representative of it WILL Be Reported to xxxx Police

as harassment and all suitable action WILL be taken.

I reserve the right to make complaints to all relevant regulatory bodies regarding the conduct of xxxxx in regard

to this matter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just say if a debt was owed, which is asserted it isn't, then it would, by virtue of not appearing on credit reference agency files, be statute barred.

That I'm afraid is not correct a debt may have been removed from CRA files after 6 years PAID OR NOT default date and SB date are entirely different.

A debt may be statute barred BUT a default entry will remain on file if there is still part of the 6 year life outstanding, conversely a debt is removed after 6 years paid or not so it is possible a payment was made or written acknowledgment made in the relevant 6 year period it is not on CRA files BUT it is not SB.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Cheers. So I'm admitting the debt am I ? I was just stringing them along as they are barking up the wrong tree.

See point 4 above!!