• Tweets

• retailer said they'd speak to dpd on Tuesday. I don't want to screw the retailer because they were doing me a favour by fixing it for free  I hope dpd will refund them so they don't lose out. Will keep you guys posted. 
    • Well, we live on the same road so it should be the same postcode. When I spoke to dpd and asked why were my neighbours' address not on the list and she said maybe they're not of the same postcode and I checked and they definitely were. Not to mention, delivery instructions are supposed to override actual customer's address which is why they asked for instructions I thought.
    • again a quick google search states Appeal a DVLA fine - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) i would not be appealing mind. it's only a summary charge which they rarely do court on and pass out the powerless DCA's whom are not bailiffs they have 6mts. see where they go. as you've sorn'd it will probably be nulled. dx  
    • There are a number of reasons why you may not have been issued a notice in the post within 14 days. If you were stopped by the police it may have been given verbally. In the case of speeding offences, the police may issue you with a conditional offer of a fixed penalty of 3 points and £100.00 fine by post or an offer of a speed awareness course. If the offence is considered too serious for a speed awareness course or fixed penalty you may be charged with an offence which normally occurs by way of the issue of a Single Justice Procedure Notice. If the vehicle within which the alleged offence took place was registered to another person or company there is technically no need for a notice to be issued to the driver. After the police have obtained details of the nominated the driver, they will normally send the notice to them, although there are no time limits within which they must do so (provided that the notice was received within 14 days by the registered keeper of the vehicle). In such circumstances, a person may receive a notice several months after the alleged offence too place but still be prosecuted. A Guide to a Notice of Intended Prosecution | Motoring Offence Lawyers the above copy n paste link has purely been copy n pasted here to inform you of the regs, which you could have done yourself by, as this is, a google search......... we do not ever recommend using such offered webservices! dont dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with mortgage arrears

welshmishy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya thanks for subbing onto our thread with survivor, im subbing to yours now too if we may

cheers angel will get survivor to take a look here too

good luck

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello welshmishy,i stumbled on your thread by accident this evening.You thread makes intresting reading.It highlights the problems of securitisasion

{the buying and selling of mortgage securities} for the borrower.You like many others are suffering at the hands of these companies which are intent on adding charge after charge to inflate arrears figures then attempt to go for the jugular in the form of repossession.You have much good advice to date in dealing with these,well crooks!!!. But it would help to know who your dealing with for a start.

Mars Capital is the trading name for a group of companies formed 8 years ago.They are based in Trinity Lane south east London.They deal in what they term as distressed mortgages in other words they buy mortgages which are in arrears both private and business properties They are registered and have a license to issue e-ds1 that means they are able to register a charge or discharge a charge with the land registry office.I have done some digging and they have offices throughout europe.

Your assumptions about this company are are spot on.They buy a mortgage or mortgages and then add on ficticious charges with a view to repossessing the properties at the earliest opertunity.That way the morgage is settled,they take their cut and the borrower is left with a shortfall of thousands for which any dca can chase for up to 12 years after the property has been to auction.

In short these crooks are trying every trick in the book to take your home from you and leave you paying for years for something you know longer own while they offload mortgages from their books at a profit.You see when they bought you mortgage they had no intention of letting it run its full course,they bought hoping to offload it in what 5 years tops.

Iam probobly not telling you much that you dont already know but ithink its best to set your stall out so to speak first then go from there.Theres a couple of questions i need to ask you if i may,in June 2009,your mortgage was sold to Mars from Oakwood homes,were you told of this at the time in the form of letter or phone call,Second,did you recieve any terms and conditions from Mars after you were told there would be no change in terms and conditions and if so wre those ts and cs different from Oakwoods

Hi Newstarter

We can a letter from oakwood and Mars about the sale of our mortgage but 2 weeks after it was sold, so we complained to both companys and then further down the line to the ombudsman for the lack of notice on the sale of it.

No new terms and conditions from mars and everytime we go to court they use Gmacs as we was with them before oakwood took over so all 3 companys are using the same terms and conditions. Oakwood and Mars said the terms and conditions will stay the same as Gmacs.

The ombudsman is now dealing with our case and have asked Mars to stop phoning us while they are dealing with our case, also he wants proof of the suspended possesion order as they told him it was awarded but it was never awarded to them.

They have just sent us a bill for £1733.00 in solicitors fees then they have sent us a letter to say they are refunding the whole costs £1733.00 but when you look at our last 12 months statement they have been already added on monthly so we have now paid for them twice plus the £1733.00 is more then the cost for all the courts fees when you add them all up??

We are now waiting on the ombudsman's final say , so fingers crossed

thanks hope this helps

Right so Mars are using G.M.A.C,s terms and conditions.You say were not otld about the mortgage transfer until two weeks after it had taken place,i really dont like the sound of that,however something tells me that the transfer is legal.Putting that to one side the rest is just a comedy of errors.Now its with the F.O.S theres little anyone can do until you recieve the outcome of their enquiry,good luck with it and like you say fingers crossed,i shall follow the thread with intrest.

Do you know how we can find out where our mortgage will be if not on the main 2 credit files? it shows oakwood sold our mortgage off but says the company that own it is not an equifax customer and its not on experian so where will it be as we would like to see what they are putting on our credit files.

Thanks any help would be grate

OK Welshmishy the thing is you wont be able to find any default notice with experien or equifax or any other credit reference agency at this moment in time as your current lender to who Oakwood sold the mortgage to Does not need to be a customer of any credit reference agency.As such until your lender decides to register any default you simply will not be able to find your mortgage on any credit file.But dont worry too much about this as, if they did register notes on your account you would soon

Track them down on one or other of the major 2 files.

• 10 months later...

Well we have now been sold off to a new company! we had a letter in the middle of the month to say mars have now sold us and we need to pay the new mortgage company engaged credit which is another one we have not heared of? still waiting for the out come from the fos about the way mars treated us , so lets hope it's good news after all this time and that the new company are a little more willing to help us.:|

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey mishy glad you are still in there and fighting,Its now nearly 12 months since you were worried about losing your home

I hope you are less worried now.

An old man once told me he had had many worries in his life and that most of them never actually came to be

Onlyme

Hi onlyme

thanks for your kind words , we feel a little better now with a new company but are not sure what they are like, will have to wait and see how its goes!

hope all is well with you.

thanks welshmishy :)

• 11 months later...

:-D Well at last we have had a our outcome from the FOS and it went i our favour so we are getting all court cost and interest back, we have since been sold on again to some called engaged credit , they seem to be ok for know.

Fingers crossed these will be ok and i'm glad the other one is over now :-)

Hi welshmishy and many congratulations. 2 years with FOS is a disgrace, leaving you to worry all this time. I'm glad you're happy with the outcome though.

Did you get charges back too?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for your reply, it was along time the fos said they are very busy.

we did get the charges back as well ,but the new company enaged credit are now putting extra interest on the fees from mars so we will have to sort that out now.

mars was told by the fos that they took us to court to quickly and that we could prove no missed payments so they should not have gone down that route, it's been a long time but we got there in the end and have now not missed a payment for 3yrs :-D

thanks