style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just got home to find a letter through the door demanding payment of PCN, The original amount is £110, however they are demanding £565.11 by 5:00pm today, they have listed my car (which is worth only a small amount more than the charge) in the inventory and have said they will be removing the vehicle if payment is not made. This really leaves me in a bad situation as I need my car for work, I have moved the car out of site however I am concerned that I’m not going to be able to pay the full amount of £565.11 as I am a student and only have very little income! Can someone please advise me on what the best course of action is and are the fees correct? It’s 5 times the original amount! I’d really appreciate any help as soon as possible as I would like to be prepared by the time they come back.

Edited by saber_rbp

The amount seems very high, have they written to you before hand and is this the first time they have made a visit.

I suggest you email the company and ask for a break down of their charges. In the mean time dont open any doors or windows and keep them locked, Dont let the bailiff in if they come back and keep your car out of sight until you get an answer to your request for the charges.

ok, I'll write to them today, they have visited me 3 times, however they have not once knocked on my door, only slid letter underneath it, thanks for your help and please keep checking in on me when I update

:)

I have just got home to find a letter through the door demanding payment of PCN, The original amount is £110, however they are demanding £565.11 by 5:00pm today, they have listed my car (which is worth only a small amount more than the charge) in the inventory and have said they will be removing the vehicle if payment is not made. This really leaves me in a bad situation as I need my car for work, I have moved the car out of site however I am concerned that I’m not going to be able to pay the full amount of £565.11 as I am a student and only have very little income! Can someone please advise me on what the best course of action is and are the fees correct? It’s 5 times the original amount! I’d really appreciate any help as soon as possible as I would like to be prepared by the time they come back. The company is Phoenix and they have never set foot inside my property

Thanks in advance

It would be better if you removed the name of the bailiff company as many bailiffs read these posts daily. You need to use the edit button to do this.

I am assuming that you had not paid the PCn or appealed it. If this is not the case then please post back.

You say that the car is not worth much. can you be more precise with a value. This is because if a bailiff is to remove a car, they will need to ensure that the vlaue that it would sell for at auction would be sifficient to cover the cost of it's removal with a low loader, the storage fees, auctioneers fees and advertising costs. If not then the bailiff will THREATEN to remove but that is as far as it would normally go.

Without knowing how many visits had been made it is difficult to answer with any certainly whether the fees charged are correct or not. Can you confirm what visits have been made.

It would be better if you removed the name of the bailiff company as many bailiffs read these posts daily. You need to use the edit button to do this.

I am assuming that you had not paid the PCn or appealed it. If this is not the case then please post back.

You say that the car is not worth much. can you be more precise with a value. This is because if a bailiff is to remove a car, they will need to ensure that the vlaue that it would sell for at auction would be sifficient to cover the cost of it's removal with a low loader, the storage fees, auctioneers fees and advertising costs. If not then the bailiff will THREATEN to remove but that is as far as it would normally go.

Without knowing how many visits had been made it is difficult to answer with any certainly whether the fees charged are correct or not. Can you confirm what visits have been made.

It was 3 times TT :)

Hi, yes you are correct I did not pay the original PCN nor did I appeal it, however as for visits by the baliff I am unsure, reason being I have been at college in london and very rarely come back to sussex, as far as I'm aware they have been 3 times, although I can not be sure, I will write to them and ask for a breakdown of the charges and then update, thanks again