Re: Rob Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many DCAs have been chasing my partner for an overdraft, we have had Trition, Apex, Allied Credit and now Rob Way, sent Rob Way prove it letter they came back with loads of bank statments, then sent a CCA with postal order (i know overdrafts don't cover CCA) my partner cannot afford to pay this debt even though originally it was for £1300 and at the time 3 years ago he took the bank to court, the debt in question is £2300 now, the other DCAs just keep passing it around and today Rob Way have sent the postal order back saying -

Further to your recent letter, our client is entitled to pass defaulted accounts for external collection. Please note that as this debt relates to a current account there is no obligation under the Consumer Credit Act to provide a copy agreement. Copy statements have been recently sent to you. Please find attached your £1.00 postal order. Payment is now due on this account.

So what does my partner do now, as said this has been a disputed debt with other DCAs and they just keep passing it around, don't know what my next course of action is any help?

Thanks, I was wondering if I could write to them asking if they actually own the debt because my partner is bloody sick of these people thinking they have all rights to collecting money owed. Is there a template letter asking (correct me if i'm wrong)for the deed of assignment.

yep

might be better to just ignore them.

the more you write the more 'mug awaits' markers they put on the list they pass around.

is this mainly charges from one leech or another, what was the bal when it left the bank, assuming that bal was not full of made up charges already!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can't remember the exact amount but the balance when my partner took RBS to court was approx £1300 (never over £2000) they just kept putting charges on even though it was stayed. My partner is self employed, work has been very slow for him lately, there is no way even on principle he would pay back this money as the charges was what got him into trouble in the first instance. Three years ago RBS did offer him £1,100 in settlement, he declined on principle and look where that got him (3 bloody years of harrassment from DCAs). Anyway i know my partner would rather go to court than pay these parasites.

i tend to agree.

i bet the judge would like this one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, honestly though i would love it to go to court and so would my partner, however if he ignores they are only going to start up their pathetic phone calls again and threatograms, i just really wanted to know if they have any right to collect this debt, otherwise if they don't we both have a bet going who the next DCA will be.