Gmac car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all! sorry not sure if i am posting this in the right place or not, as its my first time on here.

my partner currently has a car on finance with Gmac since being out of work we have struggled to pay the payments but now he is back working and we have been paying a little off each week to get us back on track. now i think we owe about 3 months payments and some charges probs equalling 1500, we only owe about 4000 on the agreement completley this is our 4th year outta 5. (we financed something ridicious like 16000 to begin with so i know they have a ruling about they cant seize the car straight away if u have paid more than a 1/3 which we have)

well im enquiring as until my partner gets his wages fully at the end of the month we are struggling to chip away at the payments. today we have had a message left on the phone from this number 0845 7017701 saying please call them to avoid further action.

Now im worrying who this may be, and if they take us to court what will happen? we will be given the choice of paying payments still and keeping the car or will they seek to take the car and still make us pay money?? please help! thank u in advance for any advice.

If they do take you to court the judge would allow you to keep the car provided you were able to show you can afford payments going forward.

It's best to write to them as soon as possible advising them of your situation and making an offer to pay extra each month towards the arrears. They may well accept your offer. If they don't and they take court action you would be able to show the judge you had tried to come to an arrangement with them and it will go in your favour.

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, thanks for your PM, I'm happy to be able to help :)

Affixed is the letter for GMAC. You need to send by recorded delivery tomorrow if at all possible. Keep a copy of the letter for yourself and also the postal receipt. Check on the royalmail website in a few days time to print off the signature receipt from the tracking number. Staple to your copy of the letter and keep safe in case you need to prove they received the letter.

Even if you haven't had a reply to the letter make the payment you have offered at the end of March as this will help your case if they do issue a court claim.

Hopefully, they will accept your offer.

jhlcdchc2010 letter.doc

• Haha 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

thats brilliant thank you ever so much for your help!

on what time scale would you give them to respond? as obviously a payment is due at the end of the month again, if i do not hear from them do i still pay this?

thank you x

Hi, yes - make the payment at the end of the month, this will show you are committed to the payment arrangement.