Clamp removed and vehicle driven away.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you feel the ovewhelming desire to waste a stamp, I would simply inform them that as they have failed to respond to your letter, the chain has now been cut off and disposed of. Furthermore, unless they contact you within 7 days to arrange collection of the clamp, it will also be disposed of.

That way you are completely covered. They will not sue you because they cannot.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at a loss as to why so many people seem to think removing a clamp fitted to your own car would be illegal. Unless it is a police or DVLA clamp, then you certainly can remove it.

The PPC charge is not for fitting it, or driving back to see you. It is for removing it. In other words, you pay them to remove it. Now, if you have a blocket toilet, you could pay someone to remove the blockage or you COULD do it yourself if you know how.

The clamping company will not bother fetching tehir clamp back because it now comes with a large dose of egg on yer face. If there was ANY law broken, you can be 100% sure the clampers would have called in the police. Like the toilet, they are full of sh!t.

Me? I would give them the clamp back at about 30mph straight through their van windscreen. But I couldn't possibly suggest that is what others should do.:D

Because it is...

No it is not. I have removed many clamps - hence the name. It is 100% legal to remove the clamp. It is illegal to damage the clamp, which is exactly why I video when I remove one. On two occasions the police have been called, not by the clampers but by me when they have tried to obstruct me to prevent me removing a clamp. On both occasions the clamper was told to stand back whilst I removed the clamp.

People are mislead and in the above quote misinformed. Make no mistakes though, tamper with a police or DVLA clamp and that is a very different matter. I am talking about PPC ones fitted on private land etc. Pick the lock without damaging it and off comes the clamp. Job done.

The clampers ALWAYS claim it has been damaged because it has marks on. Yes, those are from 3 oir 4 years of throwing in and out of their van, not me picking the lock.

I have never ever had any charges brought against me because I have done nothing illegal at all.

• Haha 1

Two reasons why I never hear from them. 1, they don't know who I am. 2, There is nothing to contact me for.

Their charge is for REMOVING the clamp - a clamp removal fee. If they do not remove the clamp then they cannot charge. If they changed the wording to a clamp fitting fee, plus free removal as soon as you pay the fitting fee then they could chase me (Not like Duncan Norvell).

See how this works? They can take me to court all they like, but for what? They cannot charge for me doing my own work. I don't require their services thanks, so I do it myself.

I did have one police officer who was confused over the legality, telling me that I would have to let them remove the clamp, pay them and then sue them. I said no, I will remove it free of charge to them and if they want to sue me, they can have my name and address to do so. He was not convinced so I just quoted section 9 of the Road traffic (Clamping)act, paragraph 14c ' You may remove the clamp as long as you do not damage it'.

There is no such act, but it worked.:D