After judgment gained against LBL have they paid out on the Judgment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Back in January this year i lent friend some money to put engine in his car. He became ill and couldnt pay debt to me so we agreed I would take car as payment for money lent. While car was being repaired baliffs turned up telling me of a LBL on it. I then was given permission to deal with them. I told them of the agreement and they said they would talk to riend. I kept chasing them .Then in July baliffs took car. I have complained to Trading Standards and LBL My friend has now started action with Stephensons solicitors.

Please advice me what I can do I have lost £2000 that I lent my friend and almost the same again I spent on it

Please help

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi me again,

LBL sent me a copy of the Sealed Bill of Sale that was stamped by the High Courts (the official document - we think!) This document does not match my copy, in that the signatures are different; in fact it appears that the 2 documents were created separately. Can somebody please advise me if this is common procedure that there are 2 Bills of Sale, one is kept by the lender and the other by the borrower? The reason this has come up is because the unsigned credit agreement I was given for my records, clearly states that it is a copy. Surely if one of the Bills of Sale is a copy - it should say so clearly. If not does that mean there are 2 Bills of Sale and therefore both should have been presented and stamped by the court?

I hope that's clear - if not we will link copies of both documents so you can see what I mean!

Many thanks

Hi thanks for your reply. I keep going through the paperwork that was given to me on the day the aggreements where signed and no matter how I look at this the Bill of Sale kept by metrue signiture, along side the copy LBL sent out to me a requested copy of the BOS that they say was stamped in the High Courts. The signiture page on the Sealed stamped High Court copy requested by me, and the original true signed doc that I have in my care are two totaly different documents clearly signed independantly. I can varify my kept copy with my signature, but the copy with the seal is not my signature at all and clearly completed when I really dont no and this is the one with the seal or stamp on it. One more thing the copy of the credit aggreement is again another signature one that isnt mine, so there are 3 diff signatures for what is supposed to be just two documents. Can anyone please look over the paperwork and just cheak that what I am seeing is correct I can sent doc to you

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no one has answered you, i've never seen one of these agreements.

I doubt if he could transfer the car to you to pay off a debt with him still being liable for the money, not sure obviously, but what does the agreement say?

Not too sure on legalities here but:

Do you have the V5? Or do LBL have it?

Was the car registered and insured in your name?

Do you have a receipt for the car from your friend?

Did your friend mention the LBL at any time?

Did you allow the bailiff to seize it or did they just grab and run?

Did they leave any paperwork? If so, were they bailiffs or contractors?

Where was the car parked when it was seized?

Sorry, a lot of questions - the answers could possibly open some options...

T2

Hi thanks for your reply,

I dont have the V5 because, because I lent my friend the cash to put a recon engine in the car. It soon came to light that because he became very ill with mental health problems and was unable to work. This left him unable to pay back the money I had lent him. He said take the car in payment of the cash . It was while the car was in being repaired the baliffs turned up at my address telling me they where looking for my husband. I was a little shocked cause Im single. They where quite veraly agressive they demanded to no where my husband Adam (my Mate) they had come to take his car. It took alot to convince them he was not my husband and why they where looking for him at that address. This was the first time I became aware of the loan. Because of my friends illness he couldnt deal with anything to do with LBL. He called them the next day telling them he was very ill and sent confirmation of this and that from now on they had to talk to me because he had given ownership to me. I then made contact telling them why it was now my car , they said they would get back to me with the course of action they would then take. They never returned my continus calls. Yes the car was insured in my name Then got caught up in my every day life untill the end of July when two men the same one as first came back in January. My car was sat outside my house in a private car park my address is nothing to do with my friend at all. I made a dash for the car, but was pushed by one of the baliffs as the other got in the passenger side. stoping me from getting in the car. They got in the car and made lots of calls saying we got it and sat in it now. Then they called the police. They never had any paperwork telling me who they where what they where. The police allowed them to take it because I couldnt get hold of my friend to confirm ownership. I was threaten to get ouyt of the car take my stuff and go or the would have me arrested the police didnt do a thing. They let me take personal stuff but I was not allowed to take my very exspensive sterio and other stuff I had done to the car. I was never given any paperwork at all. No court order enforcing the debt helps you as my situtation is desperate as I have a mortgaged and cant go to work with out the car.many thanks for this email

I have attached the BOS registered copy they sent on request and credit agreement and the BOS master that was signed on the day and credit agreement signature page. You will see there are three different signatures and the two BOS are two totally separate documents

Registered stamped BoS.jpg

Edited by Nicky Bodmin

I have attached the BOS registered copy they sent on request and credit agreement and the BOS master that was signed on the day and credit agreement signature page. You will see there are three different signatures and the two BOS are two totally separate documents

Hi Nicky

The image is to small to read, can you put it back up, say in photobucket.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

The master copy of all the doc BOS is the one I signed on the day of agreement. Copy of loan agreement is my kept copy without signature

Master BOS front

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/MasterBOS.jpg?t=1254850679

Master BOS back

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/MasterCopyBoS.jpg

Master credit agreement front

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/Copyloanagg.jpg?t=1254851791

Master credit agreement back

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/CopyLoanpage2.jpg?t=1254851560

Pre credit agreement front

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/Precontractpage1.jpg?t=1254851972

Pre credit agreement back

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/precontractinfopge2.jpg?t=1254852092

Edited by Nicky Bodmin
copy to small still

This next lot of doc are the requested copies of the registered BOS and the requested copy of the signed CA. BOS reg copy has been signed by someone else as this is not my signature nor is the signature on the CA

Registered BOS front

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/RegisteredstampedBoS.jpg?t=1254852678

Registered BOS back

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/CopySignaturespageRegisteredBoS.jpg?

Original credit agreement front

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/Copyoriginalcreditagreement.jpg?

Original credit agreement back

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/nicholasinclair/Signaturepagecreditagreement.jpg?t=1254853085

Yes it has and in the time limit. But it was not the bill of sale document that has my signature. I dont no who signed my name on the registered BOS but it was not me. It is another document all together. One I signed the master. And the one they have fraudulently signed that was registered. On this point alone the whole BOS and CA should be void. And how can they argue the fact because the witness works for them. So that will not help them. Can any body look at all three signatures and say what they think of them

Yes it has and in the time limit. But it was not the bill of sale document that has my signature. I dont no who signed my name on the registered BOS but it was not me. It is another document all together. One I signed the master. And the one they have fraudulently signed that was registered. On this point alone the whole BOS and CA should be void. And how can they argue the fact because the witness works for them. So that will not help them. Can any body look at all three signatures and say what they think of them

Oh dear, perhaps a thirdparty can have a look. I've looked at both signed sheets, it was witnessed by the rep, from my understanding this cannot be done on a BoS, perhaps i'm wrong, but, he/she has just put rep, no printed name.

Now you say it was registered, are you saying its the 2nd BoS, not the original copy you have? If you are you need to make a copy (just in case you lose it). What I would do would be this, write them a letter, pointing out that the document they have is not the correct one, ask them why they sent you another BoS without your signature. Reg the letter (proof they have it) tell them that under the Credit Act 1974 that the account is under serious fault and demand an explination.

This could get hem rattled and acting to collecting your car without saying any thing to you. These guys don't care, they will come for it. HIDE the car on another property if you can.

Perhaps the site team can have a gander at the paperwork.

trooper68

Hi they already have the car the bailiffs took it in July they where very ruff they pushed me out of the way to get to it. No paperwork no nothing. They got in it and called police and drove off. I don't even no who company was. Called LBL they will not tell me either. Have found the car in Newport auctions. The CA isn't even my hand writing. I have emailed LBL but no reply. This is why I'm trying to put together an application for the High Court to void the BOS. I spoke to them I have to do it on N224 form I need help with the wording on it. If it is successful a straight application to High Courts is the answer. The case is with Stephenson Solicitor but they are doing nothing so I want to try myself. Surely the fraudulent signatures and the fact that its signed by the rep should be enough

Hi there is no point in going to the police they have been involved they not interested. Trading standards just hand it to Stephenson solic we are already with them. Surely if the signatures are fake that should be enough grounds on its own. Can anyone advice me on the wording of the court application and any ref to regulations on the fraudulent signatures you no how they like CPR rules and previous presidence. Is there anyone else on the site team I can approach on this I want the application in by Friday

Hi there is no point in going to the police they have been involved they not interested. Trading standards just hand it to Stephenson solic we are already with them. Surely if the signatures are fake that should be enough grounds on its own. Can anyone advice me on the wording of the court application and any ref to regulations on the fraudulent signatures you no how they like CPR rules and previous presidence. Is there anyone else on the site team I can approach on this I want the application in by Friday

Hi Nicky

What did the Police say? Civil matter? Wrong, the car was taken from you under duress. Technically TWOC. Don't be put off by the Police not taking intrest, tell them that you are a victim of Fraud and get the Police Complaints Commision involved if they refuse. If the car is sold on, technically it's still YOURS.

First go to the police, in person. Ask to see the Duty Officer, with your paperwork (make copys, to give to the police, keep the original.) Explain what happend and the responding officer had not intervened and taken it as a civil matter. Make a statement, get the crime number.

Second, Write a reg letter to LBL, with the crime number and tell them that you have got the Police involved. Do not tip them off.

Contact Trading Standards, explain to them.

It may seem a long road, but, don't give up, you are the victim.

trooper68

Brill I love you guys, like the way every body helps no matter how small the advice. I am in middle of putting my application together to High courts but having prob wording it. My grounds r the default in CCA no default served. BOS signed by them. The goods not belonging to the person who signed the agreement and the fraudulant signature. More than one BOS No swarn affidavit. and breach of baliffs act sorry can think of act at min. they where in breach of enforcement act because

1. the debt was in disput or deadlock

2. The debtor was under the mental health act and they where told

3. They gave data Protect details to a third party

4 They didnt give any doc of BOS

Edited by Nicky Bodmin
sorry entred it before I was ready

Brill I love you guys, like the way every body helps no matter how small the advice. I am in middle of putting my application together to High courts but having prob wording it. My grounds r the default in CCA no default served. BOS signed by them. The goods not belonging to the person who signed the agreement and the fraudulant signature. More than one BOS No swarn affidavit. and breach of baliffs act sorry can think of act at min. they where in breach of enforcement act because

1. the debt was in disput or deadlock

2. The debtor was under the mental health act and they where told

3. They gave data Protect details to a third party

4 They didnt give any doc of BOS

I would suggest that you see if you can paste it up without personal details, the site team, may help you more.

Either case it looks like they have acted unlawful, question did you challange the baliffs? did you get his/there names? If he is a "real" baliff you can check, impersonating a baliff is a criminal offence...Did they show you his/there licence? I think you may have had agents acting for LBL.(hi guys, how's your leg? my dog misses you)

trooper68

Hi did your dog bit them, I hope the dog is ok blood poisonoing and all lol. Anyway I was not given any details of who they were no paperqwork was produced they just said Lod Book Loan W***ers sorry they kept makin calls saying we got it. I went to get in car and was pushed out of the way they managed to get in the car they called the police and they just let them drive away. No paperwork was left at all. I called LBL and asked who the recovery company where and told them no BOS or anything was given they just took it LBL said they don't have to give you a thing. they wouldn't tell me who they where either nor where the car was. I asked for a total on the account with a few to pay but this was ignored as well. So how am I to know how much to pay to release the car. No defaults where sent they where also told on first visit of Ballifs i called company and told them I was now under the mental health and couldn't deal with this level of bullying. I tried to discuss an offer that suited me back in January 09 but they said they would get back to me I made loads of calls after this but they kept fobbing me off. Then end July the came and took it.

spoken to trading standard today I have been told to report the fraud to the police. I have got to put the details together and forward to them and she is forwarding it to the Wandsworth TS there is a guy that is putting together all the country complaints. I have read about him on various threads.

This with LBL is becoming a very big deal, they will go down soon fingers crossed.