Tax rebates and General Charges by companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i wasnt sure where to put this.

I am in the process of checking to see if i am due a tax rebate (have 2 jobs but one is only for part of the year) but one of my employers is wanting me to pay £10 for each additional p60 for each year i am claiming. Are employers only obliged to send out 1 p60 per year and the employee has to pay for any other ones? Afaik all i need to do is take the p60s for the years i am claiming down to my local tax office and they will do let me know in a few weeks if i am due a rebate?

Also with regard to the bank charges being unlawful situation. Does this also apply to charges that agencies and debt collection companies impose for sending out letters etc? e.g. being charged £10 for a letter they had to send out.

thanks

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06

It's probably right - they issue one each year and you are supposed to keep it - I can't see that it's unreasonable, although perhaps you could ask for a bulk discount. ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hi thanks for the reply. Claiming for 4 years...just have to weigh up whether it will be worth the £40 outlay for the p60s. Still i will have a good hunt round the house for them nonetheless.

Heres another question!

I have been charged about £140 by a debt agency (letters and admin charges etc) who handled my account on behalf of council (council tax etc) Now i got to thinking that this is a similar sort of thing that banks do. i.e. charge you for breaking t & cs (over and above a reasonable rate anyway?)

Can i ask them for a breakdown of these charges? With a view to claiming some back? Are debt collection agencies allowed to charge any rates for things like this? e.g. charges for sending letters out and such.

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06