Suspicious Call from "mailcom"

kentoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a call tonight from someone saying they were from mailcom. Said they had a letter for me and read out my old address then quoted my new address and asked if this was correct. I confirmed this. I was caught off guard - the chap said he would "send this off tomorrow" and that was that.

I checked the Mailcom website - doesn't look like they deal with forwarded mail. I called them but they closed at 5.30 - he had called at 5.47.

Any ideas?

I have a DMP with payplan and have had no issues since I started this - some letters had gone to my old address I sent them to payplan late so I am thinkingthis is a creditor - if they come to the door what do I do?

I am speaking with PP tomorrow about and IVA but this is too much - might as well go bankrupt. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

KT

Hi,

Yes all my debts were under my old address - I fowarded all letters to Payplan plus my change of address but perhaps there has been a delay.

What do you suggest? Should I expect a knock at the door?

Many thanks.

KT

You are not obliged to speak to anyone who arrives unannounced.

Indeed, you are not obliged even to open the door.

Just ask them to leave. If they refuse then call the police.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 4 weeks later...

Well nothing dramatic happened - I have had a couple of letters from DG solicitors/metropolitan. Have paid token payments on my DMP past two months. Looking at IVA once my situation is more stable.

Cheers

KT