Iqor!now its EOS Solutions

paulok123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since having my ebay account hijacked 10/2009 i got a letter from iqor stating that i owed paypal £2917,i got a solicitor to write to iqor with all my selling and buying information (about 12 transactions thats all) to which he recieved no reply after 4 months from iqor.The solicitor was paid his one letter fee £175 and that was that.This morning i recieved a letter from Eos solutions saying they were taking recovery action to collect this debt.This is getting farcical.Iqor cannot get paypal's money so it's sold or bought by EOS.Well there is going to be no reply from me anymore to this saga.It's obvious iqor have not given EOS any of my solicitors information,but then they would not would they, so perpetuating this odyssey.If nothing else i have learnt not to use a solicitor as with help from this forum we empower and inspire each other.

Edited by paulok123

I think you may be being a little harsh on your solicitor. If another party doesn't reply to his correspondence then it isn't his fault.

Additionally, what did you instruct him to do? If it was simply to write a letter then he did that, billed you for it and you paid him.

Was the letter itself unsatisfactory or inadequate in some way?

In your case you have a copy of a letter written by your solicitor addressing the problem. If this matters proceeds to court you have a very strong position.

BTW I have an intense dislike of solicitors as a whole and regard them as a necessary evil to be used as a last resort. However I do know two who I would trust implicitly to act primarily on my interests rather than their own.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Heartily agree!

You need to be very well aware of what you require from a solicitor - and what they will charge for it.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

palomino,the instructions from me were carried out to the letter i am just letting those peaple who are contemplating using a solicitor that it can be a costly road to follow.

In this instance there was no need for a solicitor, there was nothing he did that you couldnt do yourself with a pen and a piece of paper.

Just ignore Iqor/EOs and all the other Paypal related muppets, its highly unlikely they would ever pursue you through court, but as pointed out above the fact a solicitor wrote a letter is pretty irrelevant, it has no legal clout and doesnt mean you will stop being chased, I'd spend the £175 on something more worthwhile in future.

Andy

thanks andydd,you may remember about 4 months ago you gave me the advice about this problem were my ebay account had been hijacked and the person who hijacked it went on to sell a few things of his own which with my sales/perchases and his own got excellent from ebayers.Then WAM!he started to sell high value phones,TVs and the like,well every body who paid thro paypal(how i hate this company)got nothing from him.Then the next thing i get was a letter from iqor collecting on behalf of paypal asking for nealy £3000 which they had paid out in compansation.Cutting this short i involved a solicitor.Now eos solusions are asking for the money.Not once have paypal been in touch, thou at the time i had changed my internet provider but they could have written.Anyway none of these debt collection agencies will be hearing from me.Neally forgot, i had been on ebay a few times leading up to this sillyness but did not log in for over 14 months else i would have seen somthing was very wrong with my account.CHEERS

Edited by paulok123

thanks andydd,you may remember about 4 months ago you gave me the advice about this problem were my ebay account had been hijacked and the person who hijacked it went on to sell a few things of his own which with my sales/perchases and his own got excellent from ebayers.Then WAM!he started to sell high value phones,TVs and the like,well every body who paid thro paypal(how i hate this company)got nothing from him.Then the next thing i get was a letter from iqor collecting on behalf of paypal asking for nealy £3000 which they had paid out in compansation.Cutting this short i involved a solicitor.Now eos solusions are asking for the money.Not once have paypal been in touch, thou at the time i had changed my internet provider but they could have written.Anyway none of these debt collection agencies will be hearing from me.Neally forgot, i had been on ebay a few times leading up to this sillyness but did not log in for over 14 months else i would have seen somthing was very wrong with my account.CHEERS

As crap as PP are, I still use them, they are very handy when it comes to buying n selling on Ebay, you just have to be carefull and expect the bizarre decisions they sometimes make, I'm still being chased for 2 amounts allegedly owing, they strangely recently sent letters to my old address's neighbour....i havnt lived there for 14 years and they still got the number wrong anyway...ho hum !

andydd