zoommjpzoom v crap one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have sent a letter to crap 1 about being miss sold PPI, they have written back saying they wont investigate it due to the fact i have not signed the letter!.

Is this true? what can i do or do i need to put a signature to it?

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad:

Well i sent a letter back to them today, stating that if they have sent me statements to my house why do they need a signature?

Lets see what they say!

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

• 3 weeks later...

Had a reply off crap1 saying that they need a request letter with my signature still!!:mad:

This is along the lines of what i sent them after the last letter asking for a signature:

'I would also like to draw your attention to the Data Protection Good Practice Note: Checklist for handling requests for personal information issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Section 2 states Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity? Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume they are who they say they are.

I have never been asked to supply a signature and yet your company has on a regular basis and over a great number of months been sending personal and highly sensitive financial information to me at this address.'

Is there anything i can reply back with or do i sign and put a line through my signature?

Any help will helpful.

Many Thanks for taking your time reading this post.:)

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

• 2 weeks later...

Cap1 are being really awkward over signatures at the moment. The options are to either use signgaurd or to make your signature slightly different but identifiable should they decide to "copy" your signature.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Zoom, I sent a signature with a little addition when they asked for mine.

They then produced paperwork with a signature completely different to what I had sent so they don't bother to read them, it just delays them having to action your request!

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Update... Sent the letter with a twist signature off and got a letter staying they will look into it and keep me informed. Well over 8 weeks have passed and not heard anything from them. So i have sent them a letter saying they have failed with their time line guides and given them 5 working days for a final response.

I received a letter the next day (before my one was sent) saying that they need another 8 weeks due to high number of investigations on PPI!!!

Surely 8 weeks is plenty?

Should i wait another 8 weeks or take it further?

Any feedback welcomed

Thanks

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Hi Zoommi,

This is entirely your choice whether to allow them more time.

As they have now failed to reply within the 8 weeks allowed you do now have the option to refer this case to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The FOS are also dealing with a large number of complaints so there may well be quite a wait before they get to look into your case. But it costs you nothing to put a claim in and personally I would contact FOS and register your claim now. Even if Cap1 do come back to you with an acceptable offer in 8 weeks time, you can cancel the claim with FOS and if they do not, you are already in the queue for FOS to investigate.

Just my opinion, but as I said entirely your choice.

DJ

Hello DJ,

Thanks for the reply, yes i think you are right. I will start the ball rolling with fos, very good advise.

Thanks

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

• 2 weeks later...

Well they have replyed within the 5 working days that have gave them, and come up with a figure that is correct. So a win :)

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

• 1 month later...

Crap one have taken the money off my balance of the card. The card is not behind on payments. I thought that they had to send out a cheque?

Any help on this?

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing