Charging Order

rocky18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I need urgent help!!!

i got a cost order from the court last week towards legal fees on family proceedings regarding child maintennce for £11,000. i am trying to enforce this order by putting a charging order on my ex husband's property but before i could do that his brother put his own charging order on the property to dipose all the equity on it, so that i wont be able toput a charge against his property. This is my only option of getting the money because he is self-employed and has purposely hidden all his money and assets so that i can not get my money.

1. What chances do i have because i will be the third person on the charging order.

2. is there any way to find out what the brother's charging order is as the equity is around £50,000 and the mortgage is around £60,000?

3. if there was a court hearing for the charge on his property will i be able to show tht he is hidden of all of his assets, equity and money into his family's name to avoid paying me?

i would be grateful for any advice at all.

thank you everyone.

Thread moved to Legal Issues.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

There is no reason why you also cannot apply for a charging order. In any case if the property is ever sold or otherwise disposed of then the value might have increased.

It might be worth investigating the circumstances of the brother's charging order but for this you will need a good solicitor - it's a very niche area and I doubt there is any appropriate expertise here.

But you can (and in my view, should) apply for your own charging order. Keeps everyone honest.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)