• Tweets

• Have we seen your court bundle?   If we haven't then it's probably an idea to post it up here especially the index page and the witness statement so we can see if there is anything which might need adding or changing 
    • "Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this?" Its pretty simple although not obvious. You open the google maps app > click your profile picture > Click Timeline from the list > click today > choose the date you want to see the timeline from. Then you'll see your timeline for that day. Often, places you have visited will have a question mark beside them where google wants you confirm you have actually visited. You either click 'yes' if you have, or you click 'edit' to enter the actual place you visited. Sometimes, you'll see 'Missing visit' This probably happens if your internet connection has dropped out at that time. You simply click 'Add visit' and enter the place. The internet on my crappy phone often loses connection so I have to do that alot.   OK dx, understood mate. 
    • I have now been given a court date vs Evri, 4th Sept 2024. I have completed my court bundle, when am I expected to send copies to the court and Evri and should it be in hard copy or electronic? The Notice of Allocation states that no later than 7 days before the directions hearing both parties must send to the other party their final offers to settle. Does this mean I will have to tell Evri what I'm willing to settle? Rgds, J
    • Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Civil Recovery Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife was accused of shoplifting at a Tesco store a few days ago! She was doing her shopping as normal and having finished went to the till to pay for the items about 16 in total at one of the small basket tills. She finished paying and was leaving the store when a security guard approached her and asked if she had bought any cosmetics! She replied YES I bought some lipstick. He then asked to see here receipt which she gave him. He then stated that the cosmetics were not on the receipt. My wife said there must be some mistake and she would go to the till and pay for the two missed items immediately. She was told by the security guard this was not an option as she had been steeling.

Well to get to the point she was detained against her will by the guard and Tesco staff in a back office for over 20 minutes. She asked for the police to be informed but was told it was not a police matter. She was told to sign a form. She initially refused but this went on for nearly fifteen minutes. Eventually another Tesco staff member entered the room and told her just sign it it’s just a formality and then you can go.

By this time she was so upset that she just signed it to get out of the store.

I have attached the forms and letters to this post.

On returning home she told me what had occurred. As you can imagine I was incensed at the way she had been treated. I put it down to an overzealous security guard and told her to forget about it.

However 2 days later we get the demand from Civil Recovery Limited for payment ( also attached ). Now this got my blood boiling. I decided to take action. I emailed the following reply.

Dear Sir,

In reference to your letter (############). We do not accept your claim that Ms #### committed an unlawful act on ### February at ########### Tesco store. We further dispute your accounts of the events as misleading and malicious.

Ms ##### was shopping on the day in question at the store. She is a long standing customer of the ####### Tesco store as here club card number will show (#############) and has been shopping there for many years. One the day in question she was doing her shopping as normal! She paid at the till and left the store. On leaving she was approached by a security guard and asked if she had bought any cosmetics, to which she replied YES some lipstick. The security guard then asked her if she had paid for it, again she replied YES and showed him her shopping receipt. The Guard checked this and said it was not on the receipt. Ms ###### on being told this was surprised and checked her shopping and realised she must have forgotten to place the cosmetics on the counter. She accepted that a mistake had been made and stated she would pay for the items straightaway. At this point the guard refused to allow this saying it was company policy to prosecute all offenders. Ms ##### was taken into the store and subjected to what can only be described as abuse by the security guard as she was detained against her will for over 20 minutes. She asked for the Police to be called and this was refused. Then she was asked for her ID which she provided. She was then asked to sign a form which she refused. At this point another member of Tesco staff told her to simply sign the form as it was just procedure and if she signed it she could go.

Ms ### has a poor understanding and command of English as it is not her first language and was confused about what was being said to here or what the form she was being asked to sign was for. After she had signed the form further comments were added to the form by the staff. This is clearly visible on the copy she has as the comments are in a different colour ink and hand writing.

Ms ##### having made a genuine mistake in forgetting to place 2 items out of a total 13 items on the till gives the Tesco Staff every opportunity to resolve the matter once it had been raised with her by immediately offering to pay for the 2 items. Please note that at no point did she ever deny having purchased cosmetics when she was asked she replied yes! She is a long standing customer of good character with no previous record of any such claimed unlawful behaviour. This matter could have been resolved by simply accepting her statement that she had made a genuine mistake and acceptance of her offer to pay for the 2 item. This was refused by your client.

We reject you claim and will vigorously defend any civil action taken in respect to this false accusation. The Civil Courts take very dim view on actions brought about by firms like yours when the accused has clearly made every effort to resolve the matter amicably at the time the incident occurred.

This email will be our first and final communication with you, as far as we are concerned this matter is now closed. Please do not make any further attempt to contact Ms #### as we will take this as harassment and will report this matter to the FSA. We will also be sending a copy of this letter to all the company directors of TESCO.

Acting for and on behalf of Ms ####

A copy of this email was also sent to the head of Tesco Stores Sir Terry Leahy as I believe he should be made aware of how some of his staff are behaving. His email is available on several sites ( [email protected]) I would recommend everyone who has been wrongfully and unlawfully detained like this or had these unlawful letters demanding payment report the matter to him directly.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) has stated that the issuing of such claims letters constituted ‘deceitful’, ‘unfair’ and ‘improper’ business practice, as defined by guidance on debt collection issued by the Office of Fair Trading.

see the full article here. SRA warns lawyers acting in civil recovery claims against shoplifters | The Law Gazette

I have yet to receive any reply from CRL or Tesco. I would recommend that if you made a genuine mistake such as my wife then ignore any demands for payment. Insist on having the Police been called and if refused simply leave the store. If you are prevented from leaving call the police. Never give the Store or the Security Guard your personal information they do not have any right in law to demand it and with out this they can not send you these despicable letters demanding payment.

I would welcome any feedback/help from anyone who has had a similar experience.

Moviemakernow

Update! I have been looking in to the company Civil Recovery Limited! Here is there listing as shown in Company's House.

Name & Registered Office:

CIVIL RECOVERY LIMITED

LEYTONSTONE HOUSE

LEYTONSTONE

LONDON

E11 1GA

Company No. 06864468

Date of Incorporation: 31/03/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2010

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 28/04/2010

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years. UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company. Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

It is clear from this that this is another [problem] company jumping onto the bandwagon of civil recovery hoping to make some easy money. The are less than a year old and have not filed any returns or accounts. What is more interesting is that this company has been Dissolved in 2004 see full details below. Once again no accounts or returns ever filed. What a [problem]! why are the authority's not putting a stop to this type of criminal activity!!

CIVIL RECOVERY LIMITED

47/49 GREEN LANE

NORTHWOOD

MIDDLESEX

HA6 3AE

Company No. 04840424

Date of Incorporation: 21/07/2003

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due:

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due:

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years. UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company. Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

I would recommend that everyone take time and write to your local MP and complain about this type of [problem]. Its not hard! in fact its very easy to do. Simply enter you post code into the website below and write your complaint! its as easy as that.

http://www.writetothem.com/

If enough of us do this they will have to act!

MovieMakerNow

Form signed in store.jpg

CRL letter given in store.jpg

CRL letter by post page 1.jpg

CRL letter by post page 2.jpg

Edited by moviemakernow
Update correct spelling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They were ok when uploaded but the site appears to reduce the size. Not sure how to add them using photbucket! Plus I have been advised not to post them until the matter has been resolved! Glad to say their are people out there who are willing to take these bullies on!

Guest Old_andrew2018

For the time being it might be a good idea to ask the site team to remove the attachments.

If you need any advice I would always recommend JonCris

Andy

Got some more information on Civil Recovery Limited. Looks like the are part of

TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd

This is the CRL website ownership listing.

Registration Service Provided By: NetFocus Support Ltd

Contact: email.pgif?md5=caebe6713cfc0568f7977ff90f1dd13c&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Domain name: civil-recovery.com

Registrant Contact:

TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd

()

Fax:

Security House

485 Hale End Road, Highams Park

, London E4 9PT

GB

Administrative Contact:

NetFocus Support Ltd

John McGill (email.pgif?md5=d39dc175da623f05b34f4b8fe24d8279&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent)

+44.01563570785

Fax: +44.01563570785

6 Deveron Road

Bellfield

Kilmarnock, Ayrshire KA1 3PA

GB

Technical Contact:

NetFocus Support Ltd

John McGill (email.pgif?md5=d39dc175da623f05b34f4b8fe24d8279&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent)

+44.01563570785

Fax: +44.01563570785

6 Deveron Road

Bellfield

Kilmarnock, Ayrshire KA1 3PA

GB

Name Servers:

ns1.minervahost.net

ns2.minervahost.net

Creation date: 30 Mar 2009 22:21:59

Expiration date: 30 Mar 2011 22:21:59

These are the company's house records for TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd

T.S.S. (TOTAL SECURITY SERVICES) LIMITED

SECURITY HOUSE

485 HALE END ROAD

HIGHAMS PARK

LONDON

E4 9PT

Company No. 02426982

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Status: Active

Date of Incorporation: 27/09/1989

9305 - Other service activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/10

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/10/2008 (MEDIUM)

Next Accounts Due: 31/07/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 27/09/2009

Next Return Due: 25/10/2010

Last Members List: 27/09/2009

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

The CRL web hosting details prove the connection between CRL and TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd! It show that their is more than likely to be deliberate collusion between the security guards at Tesco who are provided by TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd and the high number of accusations made against the public by CRL ( civil recovery limited ).

It has to be said that as CRL are part of TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd then The security guard have a vested interest in maximising the number of people accused and put forward to CRL to be threatened with demands for payment.

Looks like they have a nice little [problem] going here!

Now the reply I got from Tesco stated

" Civil Recovery Ltd are a wholly independent authority who fully investigate matters such as this."

Now this is clearly NOT true. How can they be "wholly independent" when they are part of, owned by or linked to TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd who provide the security guards that make the original accusations!!!!

Now the reply I got from Tesco stated

"]Civil Recovery Ltd are a wholly independent authority who fully investigate matters such as this."

Not only are they not independent, they aren't an 'authority', which implies that they have some sort of official standing, just a private company.

I've unapproved the attachments.

Not only are they not independent, they aren't an 'authority', which implies that they have some sort of official standing, just a private company.

I've unapproved the attachments.

Thanks best not to have them on for now. Many thanks to everyone who has offered to help with this matter.

Edited by moviemakernow
security

I decided to email Sir Terry Leahy, Tesco's Chief Executive just to see if I would get a response! Well you never know its worth a try.

Well I did get a reply! but not from him. here it is,

"" Dear Mr Brown (name changed)

Thank you for your email copied to Sir Terry Leahy, our Chief Executive. As Sir Terry is currently away from the office I am responding on his behalf.

I can appreciate your concerns, however I would like to assure you that this matter will be dealt with appropriately.

Civil Recovery Ltd are a wholly independent authority who fully investigate matters such as this. They are now in receipt of the CCTV footage of the incident and the paperwork, as well as the witness statements from all the staff who attended this interview. These included a security guard and a Duty Manager, as well as an interpreter.

Ms Brown will be contacted by Civil Recovery in due course when these investigations are concluded.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive.

Kind Regards

Helen Duke

Customer Service Executive ""

Well first I was just surprised that I had received a quick response, but disappointed that it was not from the person it was sent to! and from the reply I can only assume that Sir Terry has probably not even seen my email. Well having found a point of contact it seamed only right to use it. So here is my response.

"" Dear Helen Duke,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I feel that reading your reply I can only conclude that you must clearly not be fully informed about the way the Store in question is acting, as your response is at odds with the actual order of events.

You stated in your reply that,

"Civil Recovery Ltd are a wholly independent authority who fully investigate matters such as this. They are now in receipt of the CCTV footage of the incident and the paperwork, as well as the witness statements from all the staff who attended this interview. These included a security guard and a Duty Manager, as well as an interpreter."

Now the alleged incident took place on the 11th February 2010. Without any independent assessment, my wife was given an instant 4 month ban from all Tesco stores!

Then on 13th February 2010 she received a very threatening letter from Civil recovery Ltd demanding payment within 21 days and threatening further court action. This letter is dated the 11th February 2010 the same day the alleged incident took place! See attached copy.

One has to ask what is the point of this investigation you claim CRL will conduct when they have already issued a letter on the same date as the alleged incident demanding payment and making threats of further court action.

You also state that "Civil Recovery Ltd are a wholly independent authority" which is simply not true. A quick check with company's house reveals that Civil Recovery Ltd are linked to and part of TSS (Total Security Services) Ltd which is the company that provides the security guards to the Tesco store in question. This connection clearly shows that they are NOT independent as you claim. As for the claim of "authority" they have none! They are simply a private limited company which has been trading for less than one year! Their Date of Incorporation as shown on company’s house is 31/03/2009.

Having looked into this matter a little further, it's now clear as to why the security guard refused the store staffs requests to let the matter be settled by them by accepting my wife's offer to buy the 2 items as it was a genuine mistake.

The security guard was only interested in one thing, getting my wife's details to allow CRL to issue their demand letters which they did immediately! I have also checked with the Citizens Advise Bureau who have advised that they are aware of CRL's and Tesco's involvement in this type of behaviour. Citizens Advice considers such claims letters, and their threat of escalating costs, to constitute ‘deceitful’, ‘unfair’ and ‘improper’ business practice, as defined by the Office of Fair Trading.

As a long standing Tesco customer I am shocked to find Tesco involved in such under hand behaviour. As for the statement that you are responding due to Sir Terry being away from the office, well I'm sure on his return he will be interested to learn what is being done in some of his Stores! I would therefore ask that he is forwarded all the relevant communications on his return. ""

It will be interesting to see if Sir Terry Leahy, Tesco's Chief Executive will ever actually get to see any of the correspondence sent to him and respond.

Ok had another quick reply to my last email to Tesco customer services see below.

Dear Mr Brown (name changed)

Thank you for your further email and I can appreciate your views. Please let me assure you that Sir Terry is aware of all contacts that come into his office.

I can fully appreciate that you're upset by this matter, especially as this has involved your wife. However with respect, you and I are third parties in this matter as we were not present when this situation occurred. Therefore we can only reflect on the information that has been provided to us.

Regarding the ban given to your wife, I'd like to explain that customers enter our premises by invitation. All our Store Managers have the right to revoke that invitation at their discretion.

A decision to involve the Civil Recovery Service is not taken lightly. However when it is, it is necessary for such matters to progress very quickly to try and ensure a speedy resolution. No one likes these matters to be dragged out.

Therefore, the details of this case were passed to them the same day this incident occurred and the letter was sent to your wife by that day's post. This was to give your wife the opportunity to pay the requested costs incurred before further action was taken.

The way Civil Recovery works is that in this example, when someone is apprehended for shoplifting, they will be served with a notice telling them they have committed a civil offence as well as a criminal offence, and they must compensate the retailer for damages, losses and expenses. If the customer declines or refuses to pay the stated costs, often with an offer of a reduced payment depending on the circumstances, the retailer can then sue them through the courts.

Further information on this can be found at www.lossprevention.co.uk

Civil Recovery are indeed linked to Tesco due to the fact that they deal with such matters on our behalf. However, they also work on behalf of many other retail companies. They are an impartial, investigatory body who undertake to initially deal with civil offences such as shoplifting, in the hope of a quick and final conclusion to the matter for both the customer and the retailer.

I do hope this information has been helpful.

Kind Regards

Helen Duke

Customer Service Executive

Its clear from these replies that Tesco are simply not interested in any attempt to resolve these issues. From this I can only conclude that if you are ever stopped and accused of shoplifting and know you did not do this intentionally, then you should.

1) Stay calm

2) Return the good when asked and show your receipt

3) Offer to pay for the goods ( they will refuse you offer)

4) NEVER give your personal details to the security guard or store staff

5) Do not sign anything

6) If they do not accept your apology and offer of payment then leave the store

7) If they try and stop you leaving the store call 999 and ask for the police and inform them you are being unlawfully detained against your will.

Remember all they want are your details so that they can make a civil recovery claim. Without your details they can do nothing. If they call the Police ask to talk with them in private. There is no obligation for you to provide your details to anyone other than the police.

I hope this will prove helpful to others finding them selves in the same situation.

I would like as many people as possible who have suffered at the hands of the civil recovery bandits to help fight against them.

First make sure your story is heard. The Citizens Advice Bureaux is asking people to contact them with their storys so they can build up a better picture of what these company's are geting up to.

You can do this by simply going to their website and telling your story. You can do this here,

Unreasonable demands, have your say

Another thing we can do is lobby the Association of Chief Police Officers. RLP makes use of the ACPO on its website in an attempt to make it look official! they even have a picture of a police officer on there home page. Take a look

Retail Loss Prevention Ltd - Welcome

Everyone should email the Association of Chief Police Officers and complain about this and ask them to get these references removed. You can email them using this contact page.

Contact us

The more pressure we can put on these cowboys the better.

I should also mention their use of the word 'authority' designed to give their agents, Civil Recovery, a status they don't have. Also ask Tesco as Civil Recovery employ the security guards via their other company TSS, how can they be described as 'impartial'

Also mention that as you have researched the internet it appears that retailers like Tesco's are victimizing many innocent consumers who have simply made a mistake by failing to include items many of which are valued at little more than a £1 at the check out On most occasions these same 'thieves' have at the same time purchased goods costing many tens of pounds, therefore to suggest they are shoplifters defies common sense.

Explain that your view as that civil recovery should be used for the purpose that it was originally intended namely against those convicted of theft & not those 'accused' of theft often using highly dubious 'evidence'

Edited by JonCris

Helen Duke Tesco's Customer Service Executive is completely out of order. She stated,

"The way Civil Recovery works is that in this example, when someone is apprehended for shoplifting, they will be served with a notice telling them they have committed a civil offence as well as a criminal offence, and they must compensate the retailer for damages, losses and expenses."

In this country a person is innocent until proven guilty. Your wife has not committed a criminal criminal offence until she has been investigated by the police and charged with a criminal offence. If and when she has been charged with a criminal offence she remains INNOCENT. Your wife will have the opportunity to put her version of events before the court and from how you described events she will more likely than not still be innnocent of commiting a criminal offence. However, the point is that justice has to be seen to be done and anyone accused of committing a crime has a right in law to a fair hearing. A Tesco's executive deciding that your wife has committed a criminal offence is totally unacceptable.

I would write to Sir Terence Leahy and ask him to explain why Tescos have allowed wheel clampers into their stores. Wheel clampers in Scotland are strictly regulated and it is about time that wheel clampers that are moving into the business of extorting monies from innocent shoppers are also regulated in this country.

Tescos are trying to introduce a seperate legal system into this country. If the word Tesco was replaced by Muslims there would be an uproar. I am not racists, I am just trying to get people to wake up and notice what is happening. Is this type of society that we want for our children.

I applaud everything that you are doing and wish you good luck with all your research. Take a look at Cireco a company associated with Retail Loss Prevention RLP.

Civil Recovery is a [problem] operated by wheel clampers with the blessing of Tescos.

Sorry Conniff I have been advised not to post these on the forum. If you pm me your email I can email you a copy.

The forms used in store are used to trick people into handing over their personal details.

In my wife's case she was given a blank form which stated that she was being band from all Tesco stores for 4 month. She was asked to sign the form to acknowledge she had been advised of the ban. Having signed the form here details were then added to it by the Tesco Staff and a comment added about the alleged theft. This Form was then signed by the security guard and other Tesco staff.

You should refuse to sign any form presented to you by Tesco staff or the security guards.

Helen Duke Tesco's Customer Service Executive is completely out of order. She stated,

"The way Civil Recovery works is that in this example, when someone is apprehended for shoplifting, they will be served with a notice telling them they have committed a civil offence as well as a criminal offence, and they must compensate the retailer for damages, losses and expenses."

In this country a person is innocent until proven guilty. Your wife has not committed a criminal criminal offence until she has been investigated by the police and charged with a criminal offence. If and when she has been charged with a criminal offence she remains INNOCENT. Your wife will have the opportunity to put her version of events before the court and from how you described events she will more likely than not still be innnocent of commiting a criminal offence. However, the point is that justice has to be seen to be done and anyone accused of committing a crime has a right in law to a fair hearing. A Tesco's executive deciding that your wife has committed a criminal offence is totally unacceptable.

I would write to Sir Terence Leahy and ask him to explain why Tescos have allowed wheel clampers into their stores. Wheel clampers in Scotland are strictly regulated and it is about time that wheel clampers that are moving into the business of extorting monies from innocent shoppers are also regulated in this country.

Tescos are trying to introduce a seperate legal system into this country. If the word Tesco was replaced by Muslims there would be an uproar. I am not racists, I am just trying to get people to wake up and notice what is happening. Is this type of society that we want for our children.

I applaud everything that you are doing and wish you good luck with all your research. Take a look at Cireco a company associated with Retail Loss Prevention RLP.

Civil Recovery is a [problem] operated by wheel clampers with the blessing of Tescos.

I have written Sir Terence Leahy twice now but it would appear that all his emails are being intercepted by Helen Duke Tesco's Customer Service Executive.

It's clear from her 2 replies that she has no knowledge of the UK law! In fact she actually contradicts her self in the two emails.

In the first she claims CRL are wholly independent authority that will investigate the incident now that they have all the details!

In my reply to this I pointed out to her that no investigation would be carried out as I had already received the threatening letter demanding payment from CRL and that it was dated the same date as the incident.

In her second reply Helen Duke contradicts her first reply by stating that in order resolve the matter quickly the details were passed to CRL on the same day!

It's clear from these Communications with Helen Duke that Tesco are fully aware of the under hand methods being used by CRL. In fact I would go as far as saying Tesco are colluding with CRL.

All the findings of my research so far indict that there is likely to be strong financial links between Tesco TSS who provide security guards and CRL.

From the behaviour of the guard involved in my wife's incident ( He refused to drop the issue dispite Tesco staff asking him to ) it would appear that the guards are probably set targets for convictions. It will be interesting to see if they get any bonuses for the number of convictions they make each day. Other wise why would the guard insist on proceeding after being asked not to.

This could be working like the parking ticket [problem] that was being operated by many privet parking warded companys working for local authoritys. They were seting their parking wardens daily targets for the number of tickets they were expected to issue. If a warden achieved this he was rewarded with a bonus.

Now security guards are known to be poorly paid workers, most get just the minimum wage! It is very likely that a targets and bonuses are being used by company's like CRL.

I don't have any hard evidence at the moment and will need to do further investigations so would welcome any security guards working for these company's to come forward and blow the whistle.

Edited by moviemakernow

From the behaviour of the guard involved in my wife's incident ( He refused to drop the issue dispite Tesco staff asking him to ) it would appear that the guards are probably set targets for convictions. It will be interesting to see if they get any bonuses for the number of convictions they make each day. Other wise why would the guard insist on proceeding after being asked not to.

Unless they are using the 'bad cop, good cop' routine and it is all just a rehearsed show for the customers benefit in an attempt to look resonable.

When you employ someone, they do as you tell them and not their own thing, so it would seem this is a partnership.

Thanks for the info mm.

There really is a glaring error where it says "Theft of 2 Lipsticks". It should say 'Attempted' or 'Alleged', so they have taken it upon themselves to convict and sentence completely outside of the law and have put it in black and white.

The quality of the writing really does show the illiteracy of the person that issued it. I have a 4 yo grandson who can write better than that.