PCN Parked beyond the bay markings in multi-storey C/P

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I really need some help!!!

I recived a PCN last week in a multi-storey carpark which is owened by local council, for Being "PARKED BEYOND THE BAY MARKINGS" and this is true not even i can deny this but there was mitigating circumstances around this, I want to challenge the CEO's assertation because, the vehicle parked to the left of me was diagenal in his parking bay with front tyre over, by a minimal amount but enough to cause maximum affect and force me in to the next bay that i parked in.( I have photo's of it) As i have galaxy and 4 young dependant's i need full access to my rear doors (they have no family parking spaces). If the vehicle had not been parked in an awkward position and front tyre to be over the line the parking space would have been enough for me to get to my children. I had orignaly parked downstairs but the pay & display machine was not in order so then had to drive to the next floor for pay & display machine, I have to park near P&D as I have 4 young children it's not allways viabal to unload them walk to P&D then cart us all back to the car, especialy when your stressed with 4 distressed children because they don't want to go pay bill's with mummy!! Joy's of parent hood Anyway the other vehicale did not get a parking fine. There are NO SIGNS stateing "STAY IN MARKED BAYS" Do they have to have these or not???? Should I know you can get a parking fine in a multi-storey car park for this???? And have i a chance on Challengeing this PCN???? I would really appreciate some HELP. Thanks Claire :-|

I received a ticket just before Christmas for exactly the same thing.

I wrote a letter to the address provided, giving the exact details, along with a drawing of the parking bays to the left and right of me.

The fact that I was indeed parked over a line was not detrimental to the facts. A large SVU was parked to my left over the lines and the car to my right was also parked askew into a cross hatched area. I actually parked into the same space just vacated by another car.

I have not heard from this company at all in response to my letter, that is some 7 weeks after sending it. If I ever do hear from this company to my detriment, they will have to take it to court and explain their actions in front of a judge.

go pay the fine then appeal as it doubles after 14 days as given on the ticket.

They will / should have photographic evidence also. The muppets they employ are meant to take a photograph at the time of the ticket issue they have just enough brain cells to point and shoot but not enough to use their initiative or discretion.

whats annoying is how you were inconvenienced by others yet were the one punished.

What you should have taken photos of were the displayed tickets in the other cars showing they were parked before you causing you as it could be claimed you caused them to park askew.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago also.

Appeal the pcn as there are mitigating circumstances.

They should post a notice next to the ticket machineand councils normally do.

who ever reads them or even looks for them? only after receiving a ticket do you start noticing them or looking for them im normally more interested in finding change and how much the parking is and ensuring not to park in a disabled bay and concentrating on driving and never take the time to read "rules of entry"

if there are no warnings displayed then go back to the car park and take loads of photos of the car park showing no warnings but there are usually displayed by the pay points underneath the displayed charges only in smaller lettering...... go check

get your appeal/challenge off quick though as these have a tendency to not arrive if the address to appeal is close to you then go hand it in.......

ps i wouldnt state the

"especialy when your stressed with 4 distressed children" as this could be construed as in charge of a motor vehicle without due care and attention...........

in the future set up standing orders with your bank to go pay bills surely cheaper than pay and displaying and the fuel cost and also better on the environment....... just an observation so rather than going to pay the bills with you a life lesson your children do not need at i am assuming toddler age take them to the park and have fun with them.

Another observation but i have a land rover freelander and do feel that i am singled out because i have a bigger vehicle hmmmmmmm anyone else find this?

On that note i think i will go trade the freelander in for A Toyota Prius....lol.

Good luck.

go pay the fine then appeal as it doubles after 14 days as given on the ticket.

Don't pay them anything, by doing so you are admitting that they have a case against you. Just send a letter of appeal, making sure you have a copy. The onus is upon them to prove that you parked irresponsibly.

At the end of the day, it could cost them more to take you to court, than they could fine you for.

In my case the car park was free, so there was no meters around to have a sign next to them. I did have a look around the next time I was there and still saw no signs.

Thanks everyone for replying, The ticket was issued by Local council! I won't be paying this fine as i know they put the fine on hold depending if they clear or refuse my appel and then if they refuse they have to reinstate at the reduced rate for a further 14 day's. I will be asking for any photo's and note's from the CEO. Do I send them my photo's? or should i not give them all evidence and wait for outcome, and if they refuse appel then re-appel to independent Adudicator? I know i have nothing to lose appeling first time, but i just wanted to know if they legaly have to have a sign saying about parking bay's?

They have to notify the public about any offences that they may charge for.

If they reject your appeal and go for an adjudicator, then the 14 days will start afresh each time. If you have photo's of the aledged offence, then send copies with the appeal, stating factual evidence only. It is in their interest as well as yours, particularly if they have not posted any notice in a highly visible place.

If you pay a council ticket its game over - barring a few people who have managed to prise refunds but that is unusal. Get pictires of all the signs and of the text on the ticket machine. Get the Off-Street Parking Order for the car park.