Negotiating with Welcome Finance, any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a former loan with Welcome Finance from around 3 years ago, im now looking to negotiate with them to clean up my credit file.

Back in August 07 I defaulted on a £2000 Welcome Finance loan, I basically lost my job but Welcome were having none of it.

Anyway eventually I moved address and got a new job. I never got back in touch with Welcome, wrong I know but i'm now looking to sort it out.

Welcome have now reported the account to my credit file that I owe £10000!!!!!!! I can only imagine its charges as they dont have my new address.

Around 2 weeks back I was reading that Welcome are really struggling and looking to reign in any debts no matter what. This in mind I thought I could negotiate a settlement with the clause that they remove all information on my credit file.

I sent a letter but havn't had anything back yet.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and do you have any advice etc on if this will work?

Thanks.

hi,

thanks 4 replying so quickly.

it was 36 months of £144.

my last payment was around november 07 so about 3-5 months after the loan was taken out.

I dont have a copy of my agreement, i havnt and they havnt made any contact whatsoever until 2 weeks ago when i wrote them the letter offering to pay a settlement if they agree to remove default etc

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick update on this.

Had a reply basically stating their final response of refunding in full to the account the ppi, which is around £804 meaning total left to pay £4500. They want me to sign a disclaimer agreeing this is the end of the complaint!!

I have replied simply stating that my original offer is on terms i.e. full removal of adverse information on credit file and they have not mentioned this in their reply.

Lets see what they come back with :D