Debt Collectors for IF say more to pay after saying already paid in Full !!!!!!!

KaneCole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope there is someone on this site who can help me. Have used the PPI section a few times but hope this is the right place for this type of query.

We had an overdraft with Intelligent Finance and when we moved our mortgage the overdraft remained but there was no activity on the account at all because all regular payments were moved to our new bank account.

Because I failed to make regular payments to pay off the overdraft IF called in their Debt Collectors Blair, Oliver and Scott.

I then made regular payments to these collectors from March 2009 and on the 13th Novermber 2009 received a letter saying that our arrangement to make regular payments had come to an end and they took the final payment on the 13th November. Then on the 18th November 2009 we received another letter from them saying exactly the following

"Please be advised that your account has now been paid in full and will be passed for closure, any Standing order mandate that has been set up in favour of this account should now be cancelled. We have arranged for the credit Reference Agencies to be updated accordingly"

And that was the last I heard from them, then out of the blue this week i received a letter from the same debt collectors which was received on the 25th Jan saying this was a Notice of Intended Court Action and we still owe an outstanding amount of £236.43 that had to be paid by the 26th Jan (the next day !!). This is the first we have heard anything from them since the letter in November when we were told we had paid in full.

We have telephoned the debt collectors and they say that Intelligent Finance have advised them that this amount is outstanding with no explanation or any advice as to why it has taken 2 months to tell us. Intelligent Finance just say we owe it and cannot explain why the Debt Collectors advised us we had paid in full.

Can anyone advise me if i can refuse to pay this because we have letters advising us that we have made the final payment and the account has been paid in full.

Thankyou

Sally

Send a prove it letter, depending what they say a SAR may also be required so at least you will see where this £234 is from

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

In my opinion your "Paid in full" letter says it all

As it's not to long ago I hope you still have the paperwork regarding the original amount you had to pay for that will be the agreement you entered into and as long as what you paid adds up to that same amount that's it

I assume the DD/SO has been cancelled but contact your Bank and make sure they know that although one was in place under no circumstances are BOS to have access to your account

Intelligent Finance asked BOS to supervise the collection based on information they handed over so as far as I'm concerned IF's argument is with BOS not you and besides I can't see a judge being too chuffed at being handed papers for an outstanding claim when inside is your letter ;)

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=