Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been in contact with BPF and FO and not really got anywhere as such. Currently, I am awaiting final word from BPF that there is nothing more they will do, so that FO and Trading standards can get involved.

BPF claim they have fulfilled their part of the agreement so Section 75 doesn't apply. I disagree as CompuTeach are NOT a suitable alternative in my opinion. Not least of all because they charge £1200 for the 1yr course....... and what am I paying BPF? £6000... sound fair? No.

Anyhow, I have been interviewed by the Sunday Mail who are doing a peice on it this Sunday (9th May). Also been questioned by the Mirror who are also looking to do a peice. Have a read guys.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BPF claim they have fulfilled their part of the agreement so Section 75 doesn't apply...

Once again their idiotic attitude rears its head.

Its not for them to decide.

That will be down to governing bodies,

And eventually a court of law.

Thats dumbness of the highest level....:eek:

We treat our customers fairly that's a laugh and did people sit and listen to all this and believe it :twisted:

Barclays PLC: AGM Statement | Company Announcements | Investegate

30 April 2010

BARCLAYS PLC

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Chairman's Statement

Turning now to reputation. The severity of the financial crisis; the large levels of public support that have been channelled into the sector; and public concern over levels of remuneration have all led to the reputation of the banking industry falling to dangerously low levels. And even though we believe Barclays has performed relatively well during the crisis, we remain affected by the general loss of trust in banks. This is something which bothers me and my Board colleagues mightily. It is critical therefore that we move now to rebuild that trust. And a key step in rebuilding the industry's reputation and trust is to demonstrate that we are open for business to our customers and clients and that we treat them fairly. I am proud in this respect that we are an active and responsible lender.

We must, as an industry, admit our mistakes and show contrition; we must acknowledge and show gratitude for the help and assistance given to the banking sector by Governments across the world;

does anyone know what happened at the Barclays AGM.. did the protest go ahead?.. any links to the news coverage?

Didn't hear nothing 10pack don't know if anyone was there.

hi all.

can anyone tell me how the protest went last friday.

sorry i have not been on for a while.

my internet has been down.

i cannot seem to get htrough to these people that the reason i did not go with computeach in the first place was because they did not offer the conditions that advent did, so why would i go with them now.

i cannot seem to get htrough to these people that the reason i did not go with computeach in the first place was because they did not offer the conditions that advent did, so why would i go with them now.

This seems to be the problem everyone is having. They are not 'like for like' however much BPF want to say they are.

Whats really frustrating is that if you have a choice whether to accept or reject their alternative, as BPF say you do in their letter, but you have to pay whether you are then recieving your goods or not then the system is screwed, coz BPF could offer you anything of any standard, claiming it was an ok substitute (which i guess is what they have actually done)

Its like they're saying Section 75, which was surely put in place to protect the consumer, is now effectively stripping the consumer of any rights whatsoever. And that cant be right.

Edited by DonnieB

This seems to be the problem everyone is having. They are not 'like for like' however much BPF want to say they are.

Whats really frustrating is that if you have a choice whether to accept or reject their alternative, as BPF say you do in their letter, but you have to pay whether you are then recieving your goods or not then the system is screwed, coz BPF could offer you anything of any standard, claiming it was an ok substitute (which i guess is what they have actually done)

Its like they're saying Section 75, which was surely put in place to protect the consumer, is now effectively stripping the consumer of any rights whatsoever. And that cant be right.

No it's not right Donnie they are so arrogant. They have failed to provide a SUITABLE provider. We were all lied to when we signed would you have signed if you weren't promised all the crap they told us ? they didn't care if this course was suited to anybody or if they would be able to complete it, this is nothing other than a moneymaking scheme between Advent- Barclay's and Computeach . They think they can quote section 75 a consumer law that is there to protect the consumer yet they are quoting it to us like it gives them justification to screw us.:-x

Elaine,

Sorry i have no faith in Computeach there is far too much bad press out there and since the firm has been running since 1964 then you have had more then enough time to learn. There is no way the amount of bad press Computeach has received is typical of any business. You are misleading students into signing up by stating " Barclays have fulfilled their obligation to you under your finance agreement and you are still obliged to pay their loan. It therefore makes absolute sense for you to confirm your details with us so you can re-start the training for those new skills that are so vital to your future and make the most of your financial investment." Computeach are not qualified to provide advice of this kind i shall be forwarding this Correspondence to the Financial Ombudsman and Trading standards. We are not obliged to pay the loan as demonstrated by a growing number of Financial Ombudsman rulings in students favour, and legal advice from three independent sources.

Unless of course whoever writes your mail shots also happens to be a QC?

Many Thanks,

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Customer Care wrote:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

Your comments have been acknowledged.

We appreciate your frustration with the present situation and are fully aware of negative comments posted on some websites about Computeach.

By the way my complaint with the FO has just been sent for Adjudication!!

However all companies receive negative press and it is only by reviewing these comments and working with constructive criticism that Companies develop and improve.

You are quite correct that Students do not have to continue to study with Computeach, but we would advise that you discuss any concerns with Barclays before making a final decision.

Computeach are in no way misleading Advent students into signing up with Computeach. As I have already stated the choice is with the student.

Computeach have been appointed the alternative training provider for students who were funded by Barclays and who wish to continue their study.

Computeach can provide support and training for all areas of your chosen career path as and when you are ready to undertake them. In acting as your training provider we aim to ensure maximum consistency and continuity with the agreement that you entered into with your previous provider.

Customer Care Supervisor

Customer Care | Computeach Limited

[email protected]

08456 099020

The quote in my reply was from the mass mail shot two weeks ago, the rest speaks for itself.

Edited by Mustard2243

We appreciate your frustration with the present situation and are fully aware of negative comments posted on some websites about Computeach.

However all companies receive negative press and it is only by reviewing these comments and working with constructive criticism that Companies develop and improve..

The way that last bit is worded sounds like an acknowledgement that the complaints/comments about them are justified.

Spoke to someone today at BPF,about the calls from call centers.It seems its from South Africa and not India.He said if my account is in dispute [ and it is]

he will make sure the calls are stopped. He sounded more pi##ed off than me.

Must be all the flack they have to take.

Edited by lowdown

Has anyone actually managed to get a SIGNED copy of their contract with advent yet?

CT have said they don't have it and all BPF have sent is a copy of the terms and conditions, but no signature.

Under UK law, a contract cannot be enforced without proof of agreement from all parties. Surely without the contract there they can't hold us to anything?

Posted this in a random place before, My account has gone to adjudication with the FO so fingers crossed now.

I just found out also the FO fine is £500 it must have gone up !!!

Edited by Mustard2243

Nick Sommerlad of the Daily Mirror has posted on Facebook wanting info names addresses phone number to contact 3rd parties loan co's etc to ask them to comment on your case and Info on why you signed up with advent what's happened since are you happy with the alternative provider why not etc., If you took out a loan how much have you paid and have you been chased for payments

Just got a call from Barclay's 0141 2283112

Fly guys phoning so they can deny anything that gets said, not replying to my Dispute letter in writing.

I just hung up I will only communicate with them in writing.

Edited by Bluedo

Just got a call from Barclay's 0141 2283112

Fly guys phoning so they can deny anything that gets said, not replying to my Dispute letter in writing.

I just hung up I will only communicate with them in writing.

The guy i spoke to today - told me he would get the calls stopped,

and of now they seemed to have.

And get this............

He said, and now my account is in dispute, get my complaint off to FO as soon as i can so it can get sorted.:confused:

He also said BPF operation is in fact moving to Cardiff.

So if you are sending a letter of Account into dispute, i would check what address to send to first - otherwise another excuse to delay the account in dispute.

Edited by lowdown

The guy i spoke to today - told me he would get the calls stopped,

and of now they seemed to have.

And get this............

He said, and now my account is in dispute, get my complaint off to FO as soon as i can so it can get sorted.:confused:

He also said BPF operation is in fact moving to Cardiff.

So if you are sending a letter of Account into dispute, i would check what address to send to first - otherwise another excuse to delay the account in dispute.

Thanks lowdown maybe they were phoning to tell me that too :eek::)

I sent the Dispute letter last week to Glasgow po box

I sent the Dispute letter last week to Glasgow po box

So did i.

According to the post office tracking - it was delivered on Fri 30th.

To be honest i got the impression no one had a clue what was going on,

and they are very much busking the whole situation.:rolleyes:

Think there are two things going on here:

One that Barclays Bank are behind the attempt by BPF to try and tough out the S75 situation and so limit their liability.

Second, I think BPF are in absolute chaos and simply cannot cope with the task in hand This is probably compounded by the fact most staff are losing their jobs in the near future and frankly, don't give a damn.

David

One that Barclays Bank are behind the attempt by BPF to try and tough out the S75 situation and so limit their liability.

Hi Cashins,

Think that's exactly it Barclay's are definitely behind this, and they think they've got there backs covered by providing Computeach but it's only damage limitation they are after. according to them sec.75 has been fulfilled they can't or won't see it has not, as who would accept to train with a company that is being sued for not training there students and re Mustards reply from them, they see it as constructive criticism :eek: wonder what they consider destructive criticism.

They're all in this trying to con us and it won't work. But they'll argue to the bitter end.

Posted this in a random place before, My account has gone to adjudication with the FO so fingers crossed now.

I just found out also the FO fine is £500 it must have gone up !!!

Its upto £500 now? That makes today a good day! I still thought the fine was £350 so that excellent.

I hope the adjudication goes in your (and our) favour Mustard!

So did i.

I also sent my dispute letter to the Glasgow address, and the tracking said it has been delivered.

Today, I received a letter telling me I must set up my payments again and start paying it off again. I called the number they gave, the (fairly useless and very rude) woman said even if the account is in dispute, I musty still continue to pay and that there is nothing on record to say they have received my dispute letter!!!

HOW STUPID AND DIFFICULT CAN THEY BE!!??

I'm really starting to lose hope! I'd love to know how many advent students accepted the computeach course. And how many are already regretting their decission!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks