Pounds Till Payday Nightmare!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry in advance if this is too long a message!

I defaulted on a loan with Pounds Till Payday at the end of December.

I e-mailed them asking if I could set up a repayment plan, but the only response I received was 'we acknowledge receipt of your e-mail'. I contacted them again a couple of times, but got the same response.

I then received an e-mail on 15th January from Zac Baker, and Account Manager at PTP, saying that my account had been passed to him. I replied and let him know my circumstances. He e-mailed me back on 20th January. The e-mail began Unfortunately for some reason you are choosing to ignore this situation. I have given you ample time to contact me, but you have failed to co-operate" He told me that if I did not pay, my account would be passed to a door to door collection agency who can appear at your home or work place demanding payment.

I've tried to explain my situation, but I've received two e-mails from him today. The first told me again that my account would be passed to a "debt collection agent who operate a door to door service" and claiming that he "was not clear" (despite all my previous e-mails!) of my financial situation. The second began With all due respect, Pounds Till Payday are not concerned with the details of your financial circumstances. Their only concern is that the customer repays their outstanding balance. !!

He's refusing to set up a repayment plan. I have until 6th February to pay the balance in full (£559) or the account will be passed to a debt collection agent called Clarity.

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? Are they more likely to accept a repayment plan? Surely they're not entitled to turn up at my place of work without warning? I'm worried sick about this. :(

I am in exactly the same situation as you with PTP as are many others on the site

They ignore emails with offers of repayment, insist that it has to be sorted with phonecalls and generally make your life a misery.

1. don't answer they're phonecalls

2. keep writing or emailing with your repayment offer

3. send them the telephone harassment letter and the doorstep collection threat letter from the templates library

4. keep checking your bank account to make sure your cancelled direct debit doesn't get set back up again. If it does, cancel it

I know it's hard and they can be a nasty bunch but stay strong, follow the above and sooner or later they will pass the account to a DCA who should be easier to negotiate repayment with.

I have been lucky and haven't had too hard a time from them but I know others have.

Have a look around at some of the other threads about PTP. You will see that you are not alone here and that at least will make you feel better.

Good luck

Hi

I have had some minor dealings with Clarity. They are a bunch of not very nice muppets. They kept calling me at work for a while as I refused to speak to them at home. I then sent them a SAR which they did not respond to but the calls stopped and I heard nothing else.

I would say if Clarity end up with it post back here and follow points 1 to 3 in fairclaire's post.

Good luck.

scare tactics, any dca will be uk based unlike these muppets, the dcas have to comply with certain regulations, they wont turn up at your house without warning, usually a letter, but there are templates here to send them revoking any right they have to visit you at home, as for turning up at work there is a stipulation in the oft guidlines that are to do with not causing embarresment... all on here somewhere. ptpd...scumbags