Letter from SRJ Debt Recoveries

Bergen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me. I too have had the trace confirmation letter, now followed up by the 'Referral for Litigation' scare tactic letter.

However I received the letters due to a Royal Mail redirection, from address B. The "debt" relates to phonelines at address A. Being as I am now at address C, I'm not really sure how to proceed.

I have a letter from the OC in 2007 responding to complaints saying that the BT phone line is lost, and so my calls and internet through it supplied by the OC are also lost. I took this to mean that they would stop their services. I then got supplied cable before I moved.

They appear to have been billing me all this time, and this company are now threatening court action at my last address for nearly £500!

I clearly dont want to write to them to dispute it, as they'll get this address. Can they get a CCJ without ever speaking to me? Any advice on how to proceed very gratefully received! Should I try to explain the situation to them?

I clearly dont want to write to them to dispute it, as they'll get this address. Can they get a CCJ without ever speaking to me? Any advice on how to proceed very gratefully received! Should I try to explain the situation to them?

I would keep stum for the moments, many 'trace confirmations' are in fact sending out lots of letters to likely names and addresses and seeing if they hit the target.

If they issued court papers to address b you would obviously know about it.

See how persistent they get first.

David

Edited by cashins