Simplybe and reliable collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with simplybe and fashionworld. i was paying the correct amounts each month uptil about 1 1/2 years ago, they told me i could pay less amounts but i would have to pay an interest fee on top. 1 account £300 was added and the other account £240 was added. but if i pay a day late they charge me £12 and then say if i dont pay double payment that they going to add more interest to the amounts, can i get the interest or some of it removed, as if this was the case i would only owe a few hundred pounds.

ty for any help

Personally, instead of trying to fight the charges and interest removal, I would ask (for both accounts separately) for a copy of the agreement.

It is LETTER N on this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

don't sign it and include £1 postal order for each request. Send recorded delivery.

It is rare that JDW et al have agreements

• 2 weeks later...

I refer to a telephone call today Sunday 31st January 2010 received about my catalogue.

The young man initially claimed both my Ambrose Wilson and Fashion World accounts were in arrears. The Ambrose Wilson account was up to date, the Fashion World account apparently was not and I owed £60.

I apologised to the young man I had got confused as in late November, I received a call from a representative who told me I owed £60 but he would cut me a deal and let me pay £50 as a sign of good faith and then he passed me onto what he said was a debt agency that could help me.

They contacted me and I discovered that I had to pay them to help me get out of debt. As you can appreciate if I am having trouble pay my creditors now it seems ridiculous and foolhardy to add to that debt my disposable income (all of it) would be better served paying my creditors.

Also, I have MS and suffered a stroke early November 09 I explained to the young man but he couldn’t have cared less (a school of thought would say why should he) indeed why should he? It wasn’t for leverage of pity but an explanation but he wouldn’t let me finish. He lectured me on my responsibility of paying my debts and then he asked ‘what you’ve been like this for three months’? In a very sarcastic and cutting manner had I been allowed to reply (given my speech is slow and affected) I would have informed him much longer than three months the MS I have lived with for 13 years. It's only the last couple of years I have been unable to work.

None of this made any difference, he could not have cared less. He demanded money today and was insistent to the point of threatening. Eventually, just to get him off the phone I paid him the £60 I owed which was my food money until Tuesday the 2nd of February, when I did offer to make the payment. I have no money for food now until Tuesday but I suspect this won't matter either.

I am aware of my responsibilities to pay every 28 days I am truly sorry I let that slip but I was in hospital for 6 of those 8 weeks. I know you are nothing other than getting your money and believe you me I wish I could pay and be rid of the debt as I suspect many people have in this recession.

No one wants this, being scared of answering the phone should you be berated by people who have no empathy or understanding. I didn’t choose to have MS or a stroke but I got them and while this bears no relevance to the young man I spoke to today it bears a huge relevance on my life.

Can I also say that Reliable collections charged me 2 lots of 99.99 for making a repayment arrangement on Ambrose Wilson and Fashion World. Is this legal?