Paul Vs Abbey MNBA Card

PKea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send the DPA Letter and recieved the standard 'We will respond in 28 days'

Today recieved a letter saying it is taking more time, further 10 working Days, which will bring it exactely to the 40day limit.

Should i reply to the last letter reminding them about 40 days or just take action if it lapses?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, I sent One sar request to Abbey for both my account and credit card. I recieved replies from both departments acknowleding my request. I have all data from Abbey current account, but not from Abbey Credit Card. Could Abbey Credit Card want a seperate £10 fee? As far as i see it they are the same company (no matter who runs the card for them). I'm asking cos 40 days is up on the Credit Card? (Ive also had 2 stalling letters from them as well)

Any advice.. Thanks

Also I haven't a clue how much they owe me, because the credit card account was closed 3 years ago. Do i just claim for non disclosure first, then claim again when they produce the figures?

Help Please

I recieved a letter today with some of my details

My initial request was for DPA Sar request, and in their letter they say that if i want furhter info ask for a SAR request and enclose £10.

I did this initially as they returned my cheque with the letter.

Do i now make a claim for non disclosure (40 days have passed) and use the figures i have at the moment, and then adjust the claim when they produce the rest?

ALso they say that they will credit my account with £420 as a goodwill gesture. The account was closed 3 years ago.

Another point to make is that all i have done is requested my info, and they are offering me money back without me even suggesting that is what i want.

• 2 weeks later...

Wahey!!! Ive Won

Spoke to MNBA, they put me through to Paul. He said will get my details and call me back within the Hour.

10 mins later he called and offered to pay the charges (£910). I asked for the compound interest to be taken into account. He said he will call back within the hour, once he had worked out the figures.

5 mins later he called back, Offered me the £910 + interest @ 24.9% which was £920.. GIving a total of £1830. He said cheque would be issued and be with me in 7 days.

Well done - see a phone call and a polite attitude is all that is needed - I found Paul to be very helpful - did you accept ??

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

a few letters and the important phone call and you won !!!

Well done :-)

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

• 2 weeks later...

I got my DPA SAR details through today and they tell you everything.

It evens says when they have sent an 'Automatic' letter out.

It even details my contact regarding the claim. ie 28 day hold letter sent then 14 day 2nd hold letter sent.

But they were right with what they paid me so i'm happy.

Well done! It seems that out of all the Banks and FIs, MBNA seem to have just accepted that the law is against them and it's better to just cough up, deal with their CUSTOMERS (and I've highlighted that because a lot of these places forget that we are customers, not ****) and reach a satisfactory conclusion.

And they have actually went up in my estimations for the way they've dealt with my claim.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress