• Tweets

• dunno you've not scanned up what you've had before how can we tell?  
    • Today , after a lotof years i recieved a letter from this lot. Very friendly, "Were writing to remind you that we havent had any contact from you in a while".  The velvet fist, followed by  a veiled threat to get their preferred debt collectors involved. Yep dead right. In 1992/3 I took out a Student load under duress from DHSS. uP TO 2000 I hadsucessfully gotten deferment on low income. But rarther thansign on as unemployed,I decided to be self employed. I applied and they asked for all sorts of documents. I obliged and then correspondance ceased from them, circa 2001. To date  I have had no correspondance from Student Loans. I was made  redundant in 2009 and  reached 65 in 2012 , at which age the loan should have been cancelled. Now ,today, 12 years on retirement and 11 ( at least years after last contact) I get a letter with veiled threats. Do I , as I smell a scam a) ignore it and hope that Erudio will think that this phishing attempt has failed or b) respond with a statute barred letter or c) remind them of legal terms that loan should be cancelled 12 years ago or d) combination of b) +c)      
    • But I'm not mixing and matching. Sure, when researching I do check multiple avenues, but when speaking, I will open a single post. The Fb post was made in March, it is now June, time has passed, and when the suggestion was made, no further information was given on how I should progress beyond "send a letter", which has meant that I've needed to start another stream - this one, but only after taking the time to research first.
    • hes not turning you away he is simply saying that you should stick to one channel of advice. he is perfectly happy with that channel being this forum, and he will help you   all he is saying, and I agree, is that you should stick to one help channel, not mix and match 3/4
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can bloody well cut that crap out lady! You in no way no matter what will be letting anyone down! You have done more on these forums than a few 'well respected' members have done and in that you have more than done everyone especially yourself proud!!! Chin up, evil eyes, go get um!!

Very sweet of you, thank you :oops:

Evil eyes??! Are you saying my eyes are evil? lol!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very sweet of you, thank you :oops:

Evil eyes??! Are you saying my eyes are evil? lol!

They can be during the early hours of the morning whilst discussing certain issue :lol: They do go a slight tinge of red and the devil horns appear slightly on the mention of a certain company :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Make your own mind up lol!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21654[/ATTACH]

vicious, terrifying lolol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Well I'll be thinking of how it's going all day.

I would gladly come to court to watch Welcome solicitor fall before you.

But tomorrow I'm helping someone make an appeal against housing and council tax benefit award as they are a non resident parent.

Well I'll be thinking of how it's going all day.

I would gladly come to court to watch Welcome solicitor fall before you.

But tomorrow I'm helping someone make an appeal against housing and council tax benefit award as they are a non resident parent.

Thank you, I wish I had your confidence!

Well whatever the outcome I know I will have done everything I could to the best of my ability, but still if it goes pear shaped tomorrow there's always the trial :madgrin:

I like the comment you made yesterday 'I'm trying to remian sensible as one of us in the court room has to be' :whoo:

However, you wouldnt be letting anyone down in any way, shape or form, if this went to trial. It just means there is too much to go in to at the hearing today

You have helped more more than any one on my case, and the info you have shared, and the advice you have given makes you a credit to this site

Hope it went well for you today, and you didnt get kidnapped

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

I like the comment you made yesterday 'I'm trying to remian sensible as one of us in the court room has to be' :whoo:

However, you wouldnt be letting anyone down in any way, shape or form, if this went to trial. It just means there is too much to go in to at the hearing today

You have helped more more than any one on my case, and the info you have shared, and the advice you have given makes you a credit to this site

Hope it went well for you today, and you didnt get kidnapped

Thank you and that is exactly what happened, the judge decided there were too many issues in dispute to be decided without a very lengthy trial. So it looks like the fight continues which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

They also requested that I be given leave to amend my claim and they be given leave to amend their defence which again the judge allowed. So now I need to submit an amended POC, which also isn't such a bad thing. I think their hand was forced there cos it would be their only chance of getting rid of their shoddy defence so they had to equally allow me the same right.

We've also been granted permission to obtain and submit witness statements from other people, so I shall be calling upon the police and the previous repo agents if the time comes.

But somehow I get the feeling that all they've managed to do is secure themselves plenty of get out of jail free cards :-x

Thanks Cab, I am a bit disappointed that it didn't get all finished with today and that they are now given many more opportunities to get away without having to admit liability but equally, I'm glad that all the issues get to be dealt with at trial, (if it ever gets that far!).

I've got 3 weeks to file an amended POC and they are not going to be able to get out of this one!

Thanks Cab, I am a bit disappointed that it didn't get all finished with today and that they are now given many more opportunities to get away without having to admit liability but equally, I'm glad that all the issues get to be dealt with at trial, (if it ever gets that far!).

I've got 3 weeks to file an amended POC and they are not going to be able to get out of this one!

looking at what they have attempted allready,i can't wait to see how and what they are going to ammend there POC with, i feel that your finely tuned peices of engineering are going firmly place his "NUTS" upon his chin.

cab