Few queries on the bankruptcy process.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have read through threads on this forum and have found some excellent advice so thanks for all that. I just have a few questions still. I have got the forms 6.27 and 6.28 and will have them checked (to make sure I have filled them in correctly) by a free advice centre on Monday and a court appearance on the following Wednesday.

1. Do I need duplicates of these forms or triplicates.

2. Do I need to take any more documents such as bank statements to the court as well.

3. When can I try to open a basic bank account, do I have to wait until I have spoken the OR.

Thanks again for any help.

Patrick

Hello and welcome

1. Each court has its own procedure, the most i have seen is 3 sets of forms, to be sure give the court a quick ring.

2. No, the OR will want these later

3. you can open one now, it will not be taken away by the OR if it is just a basic one, occasionally it can be froven by the bank for a couple of days whilst they sort some paperwork out, to be absolutly certain you could take rent and bill money out before going to court

hope that helps

feel free to ask any more questions

Re. point 3.

If you open a co-op cashminder account after you're declared bankrupt the OR will take no interest in it. Not sure but you might lose it if you open it before bankruptcy (you could always phone the co-op and ask - it's up to the bank not the OR).

If you open a Natwest Step account before bankruptcy it will not be taken away or frozen, but the OR will probably ask for your debit cards. Then just need to ask Natwest for a new card.

That was quick, thank you all for your replies I will be back if I need any more help. This whole process of bankruptcy is turning out to be relatively painless, as everyone has said the hardest part is getting up and starting it. Well it would of been much harder if not for this forum, thanks again

I know hundreds (no exageration) of bankrupts that have had no problems opening a co-op account before the bankruptcy.

Yeah, can confirm that I had a Co-op account before I went BR and still have it now. Just before BR, I called the Co-op and asked them if they'd close it - they said no. Spoke to the OR about it and he said he had no interest, so I was fine to keep it :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

co-op also come with internet banking, You can make deposits at the post office if you do not have a local branch, and the card is becoming more accepted

The other account i have seen regularly started is with barclays.

These are the two that i have seen to be most bankrupt friendly for new basic accounts, although obviously various banks do change their protocols whenever they want

• 4 weeks later...