Termination Notices and Interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone can help out with this question. Had a Credit Card and received a termination notice after sending a CCA request.

Account was then sold to our Friends in Leeds!!

They are now chasing and are adding interest to the account. Can they do this?

Hello MrCollio!

But the question is can they add interest even after a termination notice?
I think some recent Agreements allow this, but very few older ones.

Unless the Agreement specifically allows for post-Termination interest (in the event of a default on the part of the Consumer) after it has been lawfully Terminated following the issue of a valid s87(1) Default Notice, then they cannot add legitimate interest once the Agreement has been ended.

Lowells being Lowells, they could add anything they likes, such as: a Camel, a Turnip, a Pig, whatever, but it would be just as useless to them if they went anywhere near a Court!

The interest is almost certainly a low-life DCA trick to try and scare you into paying.

I'd consider a complaint to anyone who will listen (Trading Standards, FOS, FSA, your MP), perhaps based on The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

That should put Lowells back in their nasty box.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Typo

Did they send you a DN prior to terminated the account and if so was it a valid Default notice (if unsure post it on here and we can tell you if it was valid or not)

If they had not sent you a default notice prior to terminating the account then they will have unlawfully terminated the agreement and the debt is automatically unenforceable.

So let us know if you had the Default Notice or not.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Egg sent the termination and not Lowells. The termination notice looks OK. I will post it later in the week.

I then sent Egg a CCA request.

The next thing I knew is that the debt was sold to the Leeds loosers.

Me thinks no CCA hence the sale by Egg.

in that case its unlawful termination of agreement but it might be worthwhile subject access requesting EGG.

So just send egg a letter to confirm your acceptance of their unlawful termination of agreement. then sit back and relax

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.