Cabot Financial again!!!

beds_male
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They need to be reported to Trading Standards and the OFT every time that they try this on with somebody. This phantom payment business is getting ridiculous, and is a clear attempt at fraud in my opinion. At the very least it is an absolute breach of the OFT guidelines. Eventually, even the OFT will take notice when they get enough complaints.

no was defo not a dd..thats why i know i never made this payment its a silly amount. they seemed to have put a few random dates of payments in the statement, 18th jan 2005 £1, 13th dec 2004 £1, 30th sep 2004 £1, 8th sep 2004 £1, 13th july 2004 £1 then same day £1 again (not sure how that works),,,18th, 26th may 2004 £1, 20th april 2004 £1, 13th feb 2004 £1, then it goes bac to may 2003 for a £40 payment. shall i now write back asking for proof of how these £1 payments were made, thanks lostinspace for your quick response.

Edited by ketw001

sounds all very odd, such small amounts you wouldnt notice them leaving your bank account... have you looked at past account statements are there £1 payments on these dates? i suppose you can write back but i suspect they'll give you some 'home made' document. Remember never use your signature.

very odd, i havent been able to find the statements from that far back, so have asked my bank for them again, but could take 4 weeks to arrive, i think your probably right on that one, as the statment they have sent me seems to be 'home made' i think they will try anything...

Edited by ketw001
spelling mistake