SLC student loan Default at CRA, help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here’s another one likely going to court. SLC’s mistakes appear to be multiple. Can anyone advise on my proposed actions below?

I’m one of the unlucky few to have a default registered on my file, backdated to 10 Jan 2005. I also have a default notice from them, with the same date on the letter. The letter demands payment of the sum in arrears by 25 Jan. This leaves me only 15 days from the date the letter was printed. I believe the letter must give me 14+2, thus making the DN invalid?

Secondly, I believe the debt to statute barred at the point SLC actually applied the DN to my file (sometime last month or three, I have an Equifax file from October with nothing on there), as I had had no contact with them in writing since April 2003, when I deferred for a year. Does the deferral make it only 5 years as SLC were expecting no contact until April 2004 or does it run regardless since last written contact?

Furthermore, SLC have defaulted me a second time on the same accounts in Aug 2007, though this DN (also invalid time for rectification) is not showing at the CRA. Surely they can’t default me twice?

Proposed actions: CCA and SAR to SLC and see what comes back. Both letters to stress a) in response to DN reg at CRA, b) no acknowledgment of debt. Plan to leave SB at the moment until I see what comes back then build the best case possible for Default removal and account closure/court action if not complied with. Or should I just dive in with demand to remove as a) debt statute barred, b) invalid and duplicate DNs? Or do both SAR/CCA AND demand?

Edited by avatari

To err is human: to completely mess up is my peculiar gift.

Thanks for your help - here is the DN, original was double-sided so 2 pages front and back.

I have deleted the date of notice and the rectification date, the ones provided before were deliberately ficticious so as not to expose my identity to SLC. I am certain that the second date follows 15 days after the date of the first!

Look forward to your reply, am very curious!

Edited by avatari

Thanks for your help - here is the DN, original was double-sided so 2 pages front and back.

I have deleted the date of notice and the rectification date, the ones provided before were deliberately ficticious so as not to expose my identity to SLC. I am certain that the second date follows 15 days after the date of the first!

Look forward to your reply, am very curious!

They are too small mate, you need to upload them to photobucket and use the IMG code to put them on forum :)

cut and paste the image code

sorry, that was me being lazy and thinking I could get away with thumbnails. all done now, thanks 2ltr and postggj!

I can, but to be honest, i have checked and apart from the details (which I would be blacking out anyway to hide identity) it is identical in form and word to the 2007 one. only significant differences are the dates which are 15 days apart and i have already provided to you by PM?

Did The 2005 Dn Have Both Yours And The Creditors Name And Address On It

Thats On The Same Document

yes, again it's identical to 2007 DN on #5. to make things easier, i've uploaded it:

SLCdefault2005.jpg