Secured Welcome Loan - Help!

Gram1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gram, if the loan is secured did you get a quiet period of time to consider the loan before accepting?

I believe Post is clued up on this but I believe the creditor in such cases needs to stay away from you between the loan offer and your acceptance in order to ensure you are not pressured into taking a loan secured on property. Perhaps Post can comment when the apr check is done. If it's out then you'll be a happy bunny. The apr can be under by 1% but not over by more than 0.1% I think, something like that anyway.

Gram, if the loan is secured did you get a quiet period of time to consider the loan before accepting?

I believe Post is clued up on this but I believe the creditor in such cases needs to stay away from you between the loan offer and your acceptance in order to ensure you are not pressured into taking a loan secured on property. Perhaps Post can comment when the apr check is done. If it's out then you'll be a happy bunny. The apr can be under by 1% but not over by more than 0.1% I think, something like that anyway.

Unfortunately the one thing i do remember is that they did give the cooling off period before they would pay out the loan. I remember this because they kept sending out our quote and we didnt receive it so they had to keep resending it and they said the cooling off period had to start again each time they resent it

BAD

TOTALLY THE OPPOSIT

THIS IS LOOKING LIKE A BAD AGREEMENT BUT NEED CONFIRMATION

Oh good. i hope so :) Not sure what the apr thing means but hopefully that is another good thing.

Also, i blacked out the address on the agreement before posting it, but i just noticed when i did this that the address is actually wrong. The 1st line of our address is correct, ie the house number and street, but the town&city are for somewhere in Wales i think - I live in Scotland. I think this explains why we didnt get the paperwork a few times originally (see previous post).

Same wavelength for sure but only because I remember one of your older posts explaining this to another Welcome customer. As such my understanding of this is not as comprehensive as yours, I merely know the basics. Had a secured loan myself actually with our mortgage lender Abbey.

I checked the paperwork and saw from the date of their letter offering the loan to the date the money cleared into our account (after they sent the cheque) was literally nine or ten days, all extremely rapid. I wrote to them about this and they stalled for a bit before stating I was incorrect about the cooling period. Not too sure where I stand actually but something I resolved myself to find more about. Keep getting distracted with helping people though! :rolleyes:

Gram

I Have Enough

Ime Going To Do A Letter For You

Check Back Tonight And Decide How You Want To Play This

Thats great postggj i really appreciate it. I will check back later.

The long and short of our situation is that we are currently a couple of months in arrears and had been paying a bit extra each month to help eat into the arrears. We cant afford to do that now and are struggling to make the normally monthly payment so i suspect they are going to up the ante even more now with regards chasing us. We have already received a default letter saying we had to pay the arrears within 14 days etc but they guy i spoke to said to ignore this as we were currently paying more than our contractual monthly payment so it was all ok at the moment. - obviously this now isnt the case as we cant afford it so im really worried about what will happen next and want to fight with fire so that i can get some breathing space here and not be taken to the cleaners by them!

Also whether this makes any difference or not i dont know, but it would be pretty poitnless in them trying to force a repo on us as they wouldnt get a penny as we owe more to our mortgage and 2nd charge (Picture) than what the house is worth so there would be no money left to give to welcome if the house was sold.

Just thought i'd give you all the info in case any of it helps. and thanks ever so much again.

Gram, out of interest what is the date on the default letter/notice and what date is given for you to comply in order to avoid the default? They need to give you 14 days but many forget to allow for postage time meaning the default is invalid.

Could be useful if at any time in the future they start to get really heavy, irrespective of the potential apr irregularities that may surface.

Gram, out of interest what is the date on the default letter/notice and what date is given for you to comply in order to avoid the default? They need to give you 14 days but many forget to allow for postage time meaning the default is invalid.

Could be useful if at any time in the future they start to get really heavy, irrespective of the potential apr irregularities that may surface.

Hi

They didn't give a date to comply by, they just said within 14 days which i gather from other posts is wrong on their part - they should have quoted a date.

Can't wait to see what postggj's verdict is on the agreement as a whole and the apr.

Gram, out of interest who is the 1st charge with?

as for the 2nd charge...picture! search the mortgage and secured loan thread...you might find useful info over there to help you with those parasites..

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm