ccj set aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was about to be repossessed so papers went into a big pile. On joining this site in 2007 cca'd them but on checking paperwork found ccj by default. solictors said they were not enorcing and creditor said they were having difficulties with cccas. Earlier this year dca contacted me but heard nothing since. So i wonder whether it is worth £75.00 for a set aside. Obviously my arguement is weakened by the time that has elapsed however I did cca them in 2007 also Some info suggests there is no time limit for an application

Well Forget About Asking For A Cca

As A Ccj Has Been Granted The Only Thing Left Is To Apply For A Set Asside

Well As Its Been A While And In Your Position I Would Leave For Another 12 Monts And It Will Be All Finished

As Long As No One Is Chasing You

Its A Bit Old This Account

But Thats Me And Its Your Choice

The reason the cca was important was that if set aside was succesfull and they restarted proceedings I would have a defence also the court could see i had a chance of success. I understand about six years but is that not just for credit file purposes are they not allowed to enforce. thanks for your replies so far.

Once Six Years Have Elapsed, The Original Creditor Would Have To Go Back To Court To Enforce

Very Unlikly A Court Will Allow As It Will Say The Creditor Has Had Plenty Of Time

Not Come Across A Thread Yet Where A Ccj Has Been Enforced After Six Years

Well Thats What I Would Do

If A New Dca Started On You, Yes Then Go For A Set Asside

You Will Not Have To Explain Non Payment

You Have A Letter Stating That The Debt Will Not Be Enforced

It Will Be Down For Any Dca To Explain Why In The Previouse Six Years The Ccj Has Not Been Enforced