Merry Christmas from 247 Moneybox!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have this morning received the following email:

RE: DEFAULTED LOAN - URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED

OUTSTANDING DEFAULT BALANCE - £a sum that is £324 more than what you borrowed

You loan is SEVERELY overdue. The amount you owe has increased significantly. This default will be reported to Credit Reference Agencies.

Failure to settle the payment immediately will result in further fees and charges being added to your account increasing the amount you have to pay back. Continued non-payment could result in the sale of your defaulted loan to a third party debt collector and County Court Judgement proceedings may be initiated.

This is a serious issue because missed payments can negatively affect your credit rating and may make it more difficult to obtain loans in the future.

There are options available to help you to repay the outstanding amount in an affordable manner. These can be discussed with the collections team on 020 7183 8078.

Regards,

24/7 Moneybox Collections

24/7 Moneybox

305 Linen Hall,

162-168 Regent Street,

London

W1B 5TD

Telephone: 020 7183 8078

Fax: 020 7183 2899

(Edit)

Amusingly, I took this loan out over 6 months ago and I paid it back. In full. On my payday.

Seems like their automated email system has a bit of a glitch... and I suspect my temper will have a bit of a glitch when I write to them after the festivities...;)

Edited by maroondevo52
Link removed

• 1 month later...

nonymouse,

Did you get around to contacting these plonkers after receiving this email at Christmas?

I took out a PDL (not with Moneybox 247) and paid it back on the day agreed. Now I have had a couple of phone calls from them asking me to contact them urgently to discuss repayment of the same loan!!

Feebee_71

I wrote them a rather nasty letter just after Christmas expressing my annoyance at being contacted on Xmas Day (admittedly I checked my emails on Xmas day, but anyway) and told them in no uncertain terms that ANY further contact, whether it was an email, a letter, a text or a phone call would be construed as harrassment.

I've heard nothing back by letter, but I've been getting texts from them every other day offering me loans... Idiots...