• Tweets

• next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
    • Just to update this. I did apply to strikeout and they did not attend the hearing. I won by defualt and the hearing lasted 5 minutes (court only allocated 15). The judge simply explained that the only matter he was really considering is if the Defendant could have any oral evidence to defend the claim. However he said he had decided that based on their defence, and their misunderstanding of law, and their non attendence he did not think they had any reasonsable chance so he awarded me SJ + Costs on the claim form + the strikeout fee. Luckily when I sent the defendant the order I woke up the next day to a wire trasnfer for the full sum of the judgement
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC CCA going to court

Gemz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In some instances it pays to send both as it gives the OC little or no room to manouvre.

M

But basically you are asking for the same information. So considering that the debtor may be of limited financial standing why add more costs in Court charges?

Or indeed, why not just see (as in my 5 questions) what there is and then, before saying otherwise take, evaluate, understand, if need be ask, and then give advice?

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31.14 relates to documents mentioned in the POC whereas 18 relates to additional information and will be handy for drawing out statements and the like which may or may not give the OP further ammunition ;)

M

whereas 18 relates to additional information and will be handy for drawing out statements and the like which may or may not give the OP further ammunition ;)

M

Not really. Read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/239338-cpr-court-hearing-tomorrow-new-post.html

You will notice that a barrister can arrive at the court. Hand over a bundle of evidence. Court may not like it but it is legal to do.

So what is the use of asking for "additional information" when it can be just handed at a court room?

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Common law states that: There is no duty of care between parties that are in litigation.

So, whereas for example you are at a crossroads and you see somebody who is frail about to make a mistake, you have a common law duty of care (yes you can be actually sued for not doing this) to look after that person. BUT when in litigation, as they say "let hell break loose for if we throw enough cw@p about some of it may hang on to the ceiling". And heck! There is no law that says we cannot have fun on the day either!!!!!!!

Edited by nick20045
Typo errors

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind-as-a-bat viewpost.gif

Ok you need to go on mcol and acknowledge the summons and say you intend to defend in full. Done

They are basing there claim on a document they have already stated they dont have.

Not a good start for them Thought that was the case

You then need to sen HC the CPR fermi posted, plus a CPR 18 i think to get full statemants of the acount to verify what the true ballence is, im not sure CPR 31.14 covers statemants, need to check. Send who the CPR?

It is imperative you acknowledge before the hols, prefrably today, you technicaly have a few more days, and it would be nice to use them, but with the hols..............dont think its worth the risk.

We then have approx 14 days to get a defence sorted

Done and awaiting further instruction

Sorry Gemz, missed it on 1st read, see you've sent cpr18. What did you ask for? Did you ask for copies of statements?

M

Can the OP please reply to the questions (5 in all) in posts 19, 20 and 22?

Can the OP please reply to the questions (5 in all) in posts 19, 20 and 22?

Hope I've got them all below....

Adding question 5: (Might as well get them in). You DID change the avenue of Court from wherever it is to YOUR local County Court???????

No, how do I do that?

Hi Gemz,

Have read your thread now on both sites. Out of interest, did you also send CPR 18 request? as I can't see it.

As TMM stated, it's 28 days + 5. But don't leave it until the last day (just in case your PC blows up )

Do you have your ED ready yet?

Might still be worth putting in a SAR to HSBC as it could flush out something of interest.

M

I did not send CPR 18 request, only the CPR 31.14 request.

I do not have the ED ready, the whole thing is beyond me to be honest.

First question: Once you got told that there was no copy of the agreement, did you send a letter putting the debt into dispute?

Second question: You say you got a letter from the bank saying the debt as sold and a letter from CL saying debt bought. You give the same day. Important questions: (a) The dates on the letters are they the same dates? (b) Were they both received in the same envelope? © Were they sent by recorded mail? (d) On the letter which is supposed to be from the bank, does it have any special markings? (Like Barcodes or a small box or something?).

Third question: Rough idea of when original agreement taken out.

Answer the three above correctly (and honestly.......... not that I am implying that you will not but it will make a big difference between "What I think" and "What I know").

After that and pending your replies good chance to get the case struck out.

1: Yes, this was sent in February before we'd stopped payments.

2: (a) They have the same date

(b) They were sent seperately.

© Not that we remember

(d) It's from their Recovery Services, thers a serial number above my father's name (which is actually wrong on both letters - they have his first initial missing)

3: 2005 we think

Am adding question 4: Any chance of an upload of the default notice? Once you scan it and before uploading just cover any sensitive information (name, address etc) and upload. It is best to see if you also have a defective default notice.

We don't have a scanner, I can take a photo of it if someone can edit it from there.

Ok. Let's start them one by one.

1: Tomorrow contact your local county Court. Tell them that you have a case ongoing and give them the case number. Ask them for advise on how to get it changed to your local county Court. (Otherwise what are you going to do if you need to attend any hearings?) Make sure to ask them also what is the latest date you have to file a defence. (Very important).

2: It is strange that you say you got a letter from the bank and a letter from the DCA and they both have the same date. Also it is strange that they both have the same identical mistakes. (Am I understanding correctly that they both have the same identical mistakes on both of them??)

3: Good that they were not sent recorded or registered. This is very important.

4: 2005 should fall in the 1974 Act.

5: Take a photo of the default notice. BEFORE you upload it use something like Paint and cover names, address and other confidental information (Basically that can link it to you in particular (just in case some "spy" is reading the thread)) and upload it. Otherwise, try and answer these questions:

a: Look at the date on it. Look at the date it says you have to rectify the breach by. Take the date of issue and add 14 days. Is the date given for rectifying the breach less then 14 days or over 14 days? e.g. Default issued on the 1 Jan 2010. Date by the time to rectify the breach given is 12 Jan 2010. That is not 14 days. So how many days were you given?

b: Look at the default notice. What is the amount it says you have to pay to rectify the breach? Is it the missed payment? Or is it the full amount that was owed on the credit card?

Last question for now. What stage are you in regarding the Court? How many days have you got left?

Note: Edited as I see you have already filed an acknowlegement. Personally (somebody contradict me) I would go for "Strike out on the bases of no chance of success". Any comments?

Edited by nick20045

1: Tomorrow contact your local county Court. Tell them that you have a case ongoing and give them the case number. Ask them for advise on how to get it changed to your local county Court. (Otherwise what are you going to do if you need to attend any hearings?) Make sure to ask them also what is the latest date you have to file a defence. (Very important).

2: It is strange that you say you got a letter from the bank and a letter from the DCA and they both have the same date. Also it is strange that they both have the same identical mistakes. (Am I understanding correctly that they both have the same identical mistakes on both of them??)

3: Good that they were not sent recorded or registered. This is very important.

4: 2005 should fall in the 1974 Act.

5: Take a photo of the default notice. BEFORE you upload it use something like Paint and cover names, address and other confidental information (Basically that can link it to you in particular (just in case some "spy" is reading the thread)) and upload it. Otherwise, try and answer these questions:

a: Look at the date on it. Look at the date it says you have to rectify the breach by. Take the date of issue and add 14 days. Is the date given for rectifying the breach less then 14 days or over 14 days? e.g. Default issued on the 1 Jan 2010. Date by the time to rectify the breach given is 12 Jan 2010. That is not 14 days. So how many days were you given?

b: Look at the default notice. What is the amount it says you have to pay to rectify the breach? Is it the missed payment? Or is it the full amount that was owed on the credit card?

Last question for now. What stage are you in regarding the Court? How many days have you got left?

Note: Edited as I see you have already filed an acknowlegement. Personally (somebody contradict me) I would go for "Strike out on the bases of no chance of success". Any comments?

1. Will get my father too tomorrow, as it's his account.

2. Yes, they are missing his first initial but have his second. E.g. If he was A B Smith, it says B Smith

3 and 4. Good.

5. On it now. The date given to remedy the breach is 15th February 2007. It is dated the 1st February so I guess that's the day of issue.

The amount overdue is £395, it is a missed payment plus charges.

I have filed acknowledgement. Others have mentioned embaressed defence.

Sorry first time dealing with this stage. Much appreciated on the help :)

Hi Gemz,

If you've done your AOS and you're defending they will move it to YOUR local court.

With regards to ED and CPR18 try this link, adapt to suit and post it up if you have any queries, Read the thread right through as the ED gets adapted - it's quite recent.

M

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/238913-me-tesco-incasso.html

1. Will get my father too tomorrow, as it's his account.

2. Yes, they are missing his first initial but have his second. E.g. If he was A B Smith, it says B Smith Smells to me like a photoshop job.

3 and 4. Good.

5. On it now. The date given to remedy the breach is 15th February 2007. It is dated the 1st February so I guess that's the day of issue.

The amount overdue is £395, it is a missed payment plus charges. Are you sure of this? VERY IMPORTANT.

I have filed acknowledgement. Others have mentioned embaressed defence.

Sorry first time dealing with this stage. Much appreciated on the help :)

Question: You were asked to give what the particulars of claim is. On the claim form (N1) you got from the Court it should have the Particulars of Claim. What does it say? e.g. This is a claim for money owed by the defendant bla bla bla bla..............

Once you give me that information I will draft you a statement. IMPORTANT: Understand the wording "draft". It is up to you whether to use it, amend it, or whatever you may wish to do. (In short, you have to decide whether to accept it or not).

Hi Gemz,

If you've done your AOS and you're defending they will move it to YOUR local court.

With regards to ED and CPR18 try this link, adapt to suit and post it up if you have any queries, Read the thread right through as the ED gets adapted - it's quite recent.

M

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/238913-me-tesco-incasso.html

Does not need any CPR18.

No CCA (default there)

Faulty Default Notice (default there)

No properly executed letter of assignment (default there)

Any of the above will get a strike out. Join them all together in a statement to a Judge and guaranteed a strike out on the basis of "No chance of any possible success".

Hi Gemz,

M

Will we receive something from the local court to confirm this? Thanks M

Question: You were asked to give what the particulars of claim is. On the claim form (N1) you got from the Court it should have the Particulars of Claim. What does it say? e.g. This is a claim for money owed by the defendant bla bla bla bla..............

Once you give me that information I will draft you a statement. IMPORTANT: Understand the wording "draft". It is up to you whether to use it, amend it, or whatever you may wish to do. (In short, you have to decide whether to accept it or not).

I had that, blind posted it for me from MSE on page one. Thanks

Can you confirm the amount (roughly) Under £5k, or £5k to £25k, or over £25k.

Thanks

£5k to £25k

POC (posting for notes)

The claimant's claim is for the sum of

xxxx being monies due from

the defendant to the claimant under

a regulated credit agreement between the

defendant and HSBC bank plc

under reference xxxxx

and assigned to the claimant on the

xxxxx of xxxxx notice of which been

given to the defendant.

The defendant has failed to make payment

in accordance with the terms of the

agreement and a default notice has been

served upon the defendant pursuant to

Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act

The claimant claims the sum of xxxxx

Give me till tomorrow and will draft you a defence which should strike it out. ;);)

No problem. What I need you to do is to go over my questions again, check your replies to them and recheck that the information is 100% (not doubting but it is best to recheck). Then confirm if 100% correct or if any mistakes found.

Will we receive something from the local court to confirm this? Thanks M

£5k to £25k

Yep, Northampton will write to you confirming receipt of your defence and confirming that a copy is being served on the Claimant.

2 or 3 weeks after that you will receive form N271 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings' which will state that 'if the defendant is an individual the claim has been transferred to the court covering the area where the defendant lives or carries on business'. This, provided the claimant hasn't bottled it already, will come attached to the Allocation Questionairre.

Then the fun begins.

£5k to £25k
This will put you in 'fast track' unless you're very close to the £5k.

This should give you plenty of opportunities to find cause to strike out should the chance arise.

M

Edited by MandM
missed a bit. M

Attached draft defence statement. You have to edit everywhere where there is xxxxxxx.

There are two exhibits referred to. XX1 you change to Initial Surname 1. So if the name is say John Smith then you change XX1 to JS1 and XX2 to JS2.

You have to read it and understand it. As already said it is a draft and it is up to you if you want to accept it "as it is" or if you want to do any amendments.

You will have to do 3 copies. (I would actually say do 4 copies so you have a spare one just in case). One for you, one for the claimant and one for the Court. Also 3 copies of the exhibits. Exhibits are: 1: copy of the default notice and 2: copy of the letter from CL finance saying "We cannot get a copy of the agreement". (To prove to the Court that there is no copy of the agreement).

The first one by itself should get the claim struck out. The second one by itself should get the claim struck out. The two together in my opinion should 100% get the claim struck out. The third one is to add a bit more.

Could have added that they are also in breach of OFT guidelines but think that would be superflous.

Have fun.

Amended Draft statement.doc

Edited by nick20045

Note: The dates for the s.77/s.78 application seem a bit strange. 2007 to HSBC and then 2008 reply from CL Finance. Have you got the right dates? Does not make that much difference really as you have that letter from CL Finance saying "no copy of the agreement" which is enough but, it is best to have the right dates on a statement.

Attached draft defence statement. You have to edit everywhere where there is xxxxxxx.

There are two exhibits referred to. XX1 you change to Initial Surname 1. So if the name is say John Smith then you change XX1 to JS1 and XX2 to JS2.

You have to read it and understand it. As already said it is a draft and it is up to you if you want to accept it "as it is" or if you want to do any amendments.

You will have to do 3 copies. (I would actually say do 4 copies so you have a spare one just in case). One for you, one for the claimant and one for the Court. Also 3 copies of the exhibits. Exhibits are: 1: copy of the default notice and 2: copy of the letter from CL finance saying "We cannot get a copy of the agreement". (To prove to the Court that there is no copy of the agreement).

The first one by itself should get the claim struck out. The second one by itself should get the claim struck out. The two together in my opinion should 100% get the claim struck out. The third one is to add a bit more.

Could have added that they are also in breach of OFT guidelines but think that would be superflous.

Have fun.

Note: The dates for the s.77/s.78 application seem a bit strange. 2007 to HSBC and then 2008 reply from CL Finance. Have you got the right dates? Does not make that much difference really as you have that letter from CL Finance saying "no copy of the agreement" which is enough but, it is best to have the right dates on a statement.

Hi Nick,.

That was a late one! :).

So, are you suggesting that the OP skips the ED route and goes for a full defence now (through Northampton???)

Might be worth giving the OP a few links to other threads where this has been used successfully so they can draw a balanced view.

IMHO I would have thought that, particularly due to the lack of factual information presented by the OC, it would be prudent at this stage to submit an ED and allow the OC a little more rope to hang themselves with.

M

Edited by MandM
Added a bit. ; )

So, are you suggesting that the OP skips the ED route and goes for a full defence now (through Northampton???)

M

He cannot do it through MCOL due to limitation of words count. So if he wants to go straight through Northampton will have to post the three copies (@ the OP although one of the copies is for you, you should still send three copies which is why I suggested to print 4 copies) direct to their postal address (to be posted at least recorded but as it is involves a defence I would say pay a couple of extra quid and post it Registered before 1pm).

Go for ED route or a full defence? Up to the OP what he wants to do. Northampton is a Court in itself. (This is evidenced by all the posts claiming "Embarrassed defence" and hence a Judge will read the defence. Note: If one looks at the length of some of the "embarrassed defences" they will also not fit in an MCOL so they have to be sent by post).

Northampton is a Court and a Judge will read the defence. Now answer me this question?

What is a Judge going to do when he reads a defence basically thrashing the Particulars of Claim and that defence shows that the application is not worth looking at again as it is a waste of Court time? (read for a start item 25 on the defence). Will he get the application transfered to the County Court local to the Defendant? Will he say "Oh what the heck! Judges have nothing better to do? Or will he just "strike out" on the bases of any (or even a combination) of the CPR rules mentioned?

Then again, the OP can for a ED defence. Why? What is there to put an ED (take it you mean an "Embarrassed defence")? The claim is "dead". It is unenforceable. So then first file an ED defence and waste Court time himself. Will that look favourable on him with the Court? Let us see: First you file an ED defence. You make the Court transfer the file and send letters. Then you had the full defence ready so you wasted Court valuable time yourself. How will that look?

Then again, the Northampton Court can strike out a defenants defence (even if it is ED) if it believes there is no chance for the defendant to contest the claim. So what is the difference? It is still a Judge that decides what is to happen in the next stage.

Yep, Northampton will write to you confirming receipt of your defence and confirming that a copy is being served on the Claimant.

M

Confirms that the OP can send any type of defence to Northampton.

Re following have added no 2.

2: When in contact with the County Court ask them this question: "I have received a claim from Northampton. I can submit a full defence whereby it shows that the claim has no means of success and is a waste of Court process. Do I send the defence to get the claim struck out to Northampton or do I wait until it gets transfered to your Court? The County Court staff are there to help.

Might be worth giving the OP a few links to other threads where this has been used successfully so they can draw a balanced view.

If he pops round I will make him a cup of tea as well. I aint going to go round reading threads to give links. Some people like to do that especially to post "simple posts" to up their post count. IF the OP wants to he can do it himself.

Note for the OP: Read what I suggest needs to be done when making contact with your Local County Court for advise. Have added no 2. IF you have already made contact then can phone them again later on today or tomorrow re no 2.

Last one, as said, it is a draft defence. What you do, what route you wish to take or whatever else is up to you.

Edited by nick20045
typo errors

IMHO I would have thought that, particularly due to the lack of factual information presented by the OC, it would be prudent at this stage to submit an ED and allow the OC a little more rope to hang themselves with.

M

IMHO I suggest you read what a "strike out" means when it is based on CPR rules. The OC has already hung themselves because they have no chance of success.