Barclays 'new' charges

Paul84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went overdrawn last year by about £10 and Barclays charged me and charged me until it reached £450. I paid back the £10 that I went over immediately but because they had charged me straight away, it never brought me back into credit. I complained to them last year about the charges, but they put my complaint on hold pending the OFT court case. I have today received a letter stating that the supreme court have ruled that their charges are not penalty charges and that they see no legal grounds on which they can be contested.

Does anybody know where we stand in regards to Barclays new unauthorised overdraft charges, that they changed last year (I think)? They said that they sent out a letter last year informing me of the changes to my terms and conditions and they say that they stated in the letter that if they don't hear back from me then they presume I agree to the new charges.

Surely this isn't legally enforceable? I never received any such letter so how can they expect me to opt out if I was never informed of the change? Would this be the right path to go down in regards to getting them to quash the £450 'debt' that I have now accumulated with them due to their new charges that I never agreed to?

Thanks,

Paul.

Is this the infamous 'reserve' charges?

I thought Barclays brought this in BECAUSE it fell outside of the previously ongoing court case!!! :mad: and protected them from the outcome of any decision.

I may be wrong but would be interested to hear from one of those that know.

M

• Haha 1

Hi Paul,

Barclays Reserve Fees system was widely publicised at the time of it's introduction and you are unlikely to get anywhere saying you heard nothing about it, unless there was an issue re your address and you got no bank statements, letters etc.

We are sorting out a new Site strategy, following the OFT Test Case ruling and the OFT's decision to not appeal that ruling further.

Watch for Site announcements and see this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/239287-kashie-barclays-what-do.html

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)