HSBC account closed (AML?)

fulgent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

i have a problem with hsbc which suddenly closed my account a few months back and refused to provide me with an explanation as to why they have decided to close my account. I stumbled into an article yesterday about money laundering and i have a strong suspicion that this may well be the reason.

Almost a year back, i helped my cousin who live abroad to purchase IT equipments for his business which could not be found at his country. So he transfered me a few hundred K to buy the stuffs he needed. The money went out to buy the equipments and sent over to him abroad. Soon enough, i was told by HSBC that it was no longer interested in doing business with me and hence my account was closed.

I, obviously, know where the money is from and know how the money was obtained. No criminal element at all. I am not some sort of Don the mafia from cuba or the drug cartel. So my question is that when will i know that hsbc has passed this information to the authority? I am more than happy to prove when challenged but i dont like to be kept in the dark. Anyone know who to contact if there is any case pending against me? It is especially frustrating as my sole intention was to help my cousin and did not gain any profit out of it...this has honestly put me off helping people.

Thanks

Hi fulgent , welcome to the forum :)

I would say that your best course of action is to write to HSBC , demanding a full explanation of why they closed your account ....... tell them that refusal to provide this explanation within 14 days will result in a complaint being lodged with the Financial Ombudsman ........

Make sure your letter is sent Recorded Delivery, ( so you can trace it's receipt.).... to :

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Tel 08456 028006

Fax 08001696143

If they fail to reply to your satisfaction , then you should follow through with a complaint to the FOS :

Financial Ombudsman Service

If you need further advice , don't hesitate to come back and ask ..... someone will answer ......and we're user-friendly on here ...... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D