Step Account

bluemozzer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anybody successfully applied for a step account recently? Did you apply in the bank or on the website?

I applied for an account online, credit check done during application (Only have one small default on file which is under dispute). All seemed well with application, sent me a letter asking for ID proofs, sent these off. Then i received another letter saying that some of the ID/address proofs couldn't be used so could i send some alternatives. Phoned up the application dept and confirmed what they required (this turned out to be a payslip & a bank statement showing my wages going in). I sent these off and the next day i received a call saying i had been declined, he couldn't explain why but this had been a system decline.

It was then suggested i go into the local branch and apply that way.

Does anyone have any ideas on this or similar experiences? Are there any Natwest BW's that could shed some light.

This has knocked me for six a bit, I was not really expecting to get knocked back for this account. I don’t think my credit file was the problem as the only negative I have on file is the one default, for which I have raised dispute against. :confused:

5th Jul 06 - Prelim sent to Halifax

20th Jul 06 - LBA sent (no response)

7th Aug 06 - Offer of £297 recieved. (declined offer)

10th Aug 06-revised date to submit moneyclaim (financial constraints prevented this action)

1st Sep 06 - Moneyclaim filed and issued

1st Sep 06 - recieved 2nd offer of £892 (after claim submitted)

5th Sept 06 - moneyclaim Acknowledged online

Guest NATTIE

the default may have been a problem, if it is on your credit file. But usual ID is proof of you, passport d/licence plus proof of address utility bill so try branch

Thanks for the reply natweststaffmember...

I know the credit check was done at the application stage, before i was asked to send in ID/Address proofs. The search was registered on the credit file when i checked it 2 days later.

I thought that unless you were bankrupt or had fraud registered against you then opening a step account was fairly straight forward.

I have read other posts on this site about people opening step accounts with really messed up credit files, this is why i wasn't expecting a problem.

What i am really trying to suss out is why going to the branch would be any different than applying online. Surely the criteria is the same. I dont want to find myself being in the embarrassing situation of being turned down in the branch.

10th Aug 06-revised date to submit moneyclaim (financial constraints prevented this action)

Guest NATTIE

never think of it as embarrassing. Merely one door closing and another one opening. If you don't want to try that one then try Coop online also on the parachute account list which again is online app. Many have had success with this

hello, I opened a step account last month, before I had seen my credit report, and was accepted via an in branch application, I have 3 defaults dating back 3 years. credit file is next on agenda after my bank claim.

Thanks for that Saxon, puts me at ease a bit..:)

very strage you got this far - may dad had the same with nationwide, when he questioned it, they had found a linked address he hadnt disclosed (assumed nothing was registered there as he only lived there 1 month) and now has fraud flag on his file :(

hopefully its not that bad tho - i have a natwest step account - i also have 4 high defualts that are not settled!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!